No beep when i turn on my pc and it wont start..

i have buil my new pc and use it for around 3 weeks and it work perfect..
but today when i want to turn my pc on, something went wrong.. :o
no beep when i turn on my pc and it wont start.. i notice that the power is on b'coz my fan is running...
yesterday it work just fine and now it wont work.. :(
help pleaseee..... :sweat:

gigabyte 890gpa ud3h
corsair xms3 1600
phenom x4 955be
infinity chase+power 550W
4 answers Last reply
More about beep turn wont start
  1. Unplug the power supply cord and make sure that all of your connections are fully inserted and secure.
  2. My thoughts...

1. Click on the link in my signature
    2. Clear CMOS
    3. Get a better PSU.
    4. If using DVI, try the VGA
    5. If using VGA, try the DVI
  3. T_T said:
    My thoughts...

1. Click on the link in my signature
    2. Clear CMOS
    3. Get a better PSU.
    4. If using DVI, try the VGA
    5. If using VGA, try the DVI

i've follow all instruction in the link and nothing change.. :cry:
    already clear CMOS and nothing work too
    already test PSU i other cpu and it work just fine...

i'm realy stuck right now... :pfff:
  4. I have ansered your PM, and will post here as well - my apologies for the time lag, but we've had a blizzard, and I have moved approximately two tons (literally - roughly four thousand pounds, or eighteen hundred kilograms...) of snow, by hand, with a shovel, in the past few days - and am not nearly done yet!

First, I must ask a question, and it may sound silly, but I need to know anyway - did it beep once at startup up until the problem? I am trying to determine whether you have a case speaker attached - many people assume that the 'diagnostic' beeps will come through their main speaker or headphone setup...

If you were getting the single beep, and are not now, it is a very bad symptom, as your computer is not capable of completing the POST (Power On Self Test) - which typically indicates either a failed CPU or power supply. As it looks like you are using a power supply that was included with your case, and, with a few exceptions, these tend to be about as cheap and low grade as possible, it is the first thing I would suspect. The simple fact that some fans are running doesn't mean the power supply is good. You could be missing some single voltage it produces; a filter capacitor may have shorted, resulting in AC noise entering one or more of your DC voltages, or a short may be causing one of the voltages to 'fold back', much like a fuse blowing...

Look at the last item in the 'sticky' - if you have access to a meter, I can walk you through some testing - but even this is not guaranteed to find every possible problem; the best means of troubleshooting power is to swap in a known-good supply.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Motherboards