No beep when i turn on my pc and it wont start..

onomradus

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
i have buil my new pc and use it for around 3 weeks and it work perfect..
but today when i want to turn my pc on, something went wrong.. :eek:
no beep when i turn on my pc and it wont start.. i notice that the power is on b'coz my fan is running...
yesterday it work just fine and now it wont work.. :(
help pleaseee..... :sweat:

gigabyte 890gpa ud3h
corsair xms3 1600
phenom x4 955be
infinity chase+power 550W

onomradus

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011

i've follow all instruction in the link and nothing change.. :cry:
already clear CMOS and nothing work too
already test PSU i other cpu and it work just fine...

i'm realy stuck right now... :pfff:

bilbat

Splendid
I have ansered your PM, and will post here as well - my apologies for the time lag, but we've had a blizzard, and I have moved approximately two tons (literally - roughly four thousand pounds, or eighteen hundred kilograms...) of snow, by hand, with a shovel, in the past few days - and am not nearly done yet!

First, I must ask a question, and it may sound silly, but I need to know anyway - did it beep once at startup up until the problem? I am trying to determine whether you have a case speaker attached - many people assume that the 'diagnostic' beeps will come through their main speaker or headphone setup...

If you were getting the single beep, and are not now, it is a very bad symptom, as your computer is not capable of completing the POST (Power On Self Test) - which typically indicates either a failed CPU or power supply. As it looks like you are using a power supply that was included with your case, and, with a few exceptions, these tend to be about as cheap and low grade as possible, it is the first thing I would suspect. The simple fact that some fans are running doesn't mean the power supply is good. You could be missing some single voltage it produces; a filter capacitor may have shorted, resulting in AC noise entering one or more of your DC voltages, or a short may be causing one of the voltages to 'fold back', much like a fuse blowing...

Look at the last item in the 'sticky' - if you have access to a meter, I can walk you through some testing - but even this is not guaranteed to find every possible problem; the best means of troubleshooting power is to swap in a known-good supply.

TRENDING THREADS