HELP

hi,
i am about to purchase a new pc ...my primary aim would be watching movies in HD and GAMING... games like flite simulator and all nfs editions and racing games which are 7 or 9 gb in size
please advice me with the following config will it be possible ??
main emphasis is on GRAPHICS CARD ....

Processor
Intel® Core™ i3-530 Processor (2.93GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache)
Operating System
Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Basic 64 bit Edition (English)
Monitor
Dell(TM) ST2210 21.5” Full HD Widescreen Monitor
Memory
4GB (2X2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz Memory
Hard Drive
500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing
Optical Drive
16X DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer Write Capability
Video Card
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) G310 512MB
12 answers Last reply
More about help
  1. Hello and welcome to the forums :)
    For Flight Simulator you will benefit from a Quad core CPU(like i5 750)but if you can't afford it then stick with your i3 530.
    As for VGA,i would recommend getting a more powerful VGA.
    ATI HD 5850 would be a good option,but make sure your PSU supports it
  2. okay thanks ...... :)
    i am thinking of going for a i3 or an i5 with 6mb cache and a 1 gb ati card ....... will that serve all nfs games need ??

and is more Cache more imp or higher clock speed in a processor
  3. and what about ATI Radeon HD 5750 ... will that be goood ????
  4. OK then go for i5 750 it will good for games like FSX which benefit from a quad core CPU.
    And by 1GB ATI card you mean 5850,right ?
    And more cache helps in CPU intensive apps
  5. ummm buddy i will like to clarify that i am new to the hardware scene ... sorry to post all sorts of weird questions .... :)

my main aim will be to watch a few movies and do gaming ..... u cn say main aim is gaming while not going too expensive on stuff and not even buying too cheap ...

i am highly confused about cache speed and processor speed ... some i3 offer 6mb cache and quad core r giving 2.5 ghzz ... with 4 mb cache ...

will more cache or better graphix card help in gaming ???
  6. 5750 is significantly slower than a 5850,if you can't afford a 5850 then go for 5770,it has an excellent price/performance ration.
    About the cache,its not the only factor that makes a CPU better than another one,there are lots of more important factors such as the number of cores,clock speed,etc
    i5 750 with HD 5770 would give you a great performance
  7. its a 21" so the res would be 1600X1200 in that case the 5770 would give good performance and newer games take advantage of 4Cores giving 10%+ in games

Hd5770 + i5 = solid Rig

and overclock it and your card will be more powerful
  8. Well actually the res is 1920x1200 as the OP mentioned
  9. what!

so the choice should be HD5850(if you are a Gamer)

for normal use and minimum Gaming 5770 would be good
  10. It seems the OP can't afford the 5850 because he asked about 5750,but a 5770 can handle games fine(however on resolutions like 1920x1200 some settings like AA or AF have to be turned down in order to get smooth game play)
  11. I'm running two 5770s on a 32" 1080p LCD TV (1920x1080), flanked by two 19" monitors. I rarely have to enable crossfire and drop to one monitor for any game. (with the notable exception that starts with a "C")

I decided to invest in a second 5770 rather than an ACTIVE displayport adapter. System Specs are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8EusoPORfQ

I think he will do fine with a 5770 at 1920x1200.
  12. Thanks guys for all ur expert advice .... )
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics