SMC Barricade SMCWBR14-G2 802.11g 54 Mbps 4-port Wireless Router-DoA?

edward78

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Ok I have a new router, just came yesterday & the routers IP only responds to ping, can't get to the router page with IP typed in browser & the internet is down when connected through the router. I set up routers before only typing in the IP. Read the manuel, no real requirements, just a newer browser which I have for setting it up.

Solution
Verify you’re using the correct router default IP address (usually 192.168.1.1, but may be different). Make sure your computer is using DHCP to self-configure itself. And preferably use a wired connection for setup purposes. Now hold the reset button on the back of the router for 30 seconds (while powered on, of course) and release. Reboot your computer. Try again.
Verify you’re using the correct router default IP address (usually 192.168.1.1, but may be different). Make sure your computer is using DHCP to self-configure itself. And preferably use a wired connection for setup purposes. Now hold the reset button on the back of the router for 30 seconds (while powered on, of course) and release. Reboot your computer. Try again.

Solution

edward78

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

Ya, the router IP is 192.168.2.1, have to reset my systems IP. This is the first router for me not in the 192.168.1.x range. Duh me. :pfff: BTW, this is a good router right?