Solved

does On board graphics card helps?

hi,
i have an nvidia 9500 gt pci video card, but, my motherboard also has an on board graphics card. So my question is, does it matter if i disable or enable the on board graphics? Does it help if I enable it?, since my monitor is connected in my pci vid card.

tnx a lot guys!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about does board graphics card helps
  1. your computer will work according to your choice
    if you enable your new card your onboard will get disabled and viceversa

and it wont help you if you enable both your card it will only take one as the main card
  2. Best answer
    Most current motherboards will disable on board graphics automatically, you should disable it in BIOS though.

Short answer to your question, is NO, you won't be able to use both. It is an either/or proposition.

On some ATI chipset boards they have "Hybrid Crossfire" enabled boards that will use specific ATI videocards with the on board video. I have one, but I have a much better video card, so I don't use this option

So if the PCI-e 16 slot is populated, the motherboard will disable the onboard video, and use the graphics card in most cases.
  3. king game said:
    your computer will work according to your choice
    if you enable your new card your onboard will get disabled and viceversa

and it wont help you if you enable both your card it will only take one as the main card

King Game,

Nice OC on that 5850! :D

I'm running 2 XFX 5770s in CF, they wouldn't OC worth a damn.
  4. tnx guys for the answers
  5. Best answer selected by iritchie.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards PCI Motherboards Graphics