Use Win TV card as capture card

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • TV
  • Video
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 20, 2010 12:16:49 AM

Hey, I have a wintv-hvr 1800, and I want to know how to use it as a capture card to make videos, but when I attach devices to the rca a/v ins, I can't find any options to view or record video off the card.. any help would be great.

More about : win card capture card

May 20, 2010 12:37:01 AM

Can you at all see anything on your computer screen? You'll need to figure out how to set your input to RCA. I THINK Windows Movie maker can do this.

Once you've done that you can just record directly form wmm, and edit with a better program (trust me noone likes it when people edit with garbage like that) or if using something else to display it on your screen, you could use camstudio. I dont have to explain how to set up the audio, if you cant figure that out you shouldn't be trying to do this.

Hope that all helps!
Score
May 20, 2010 1:38:06 AM

Hey, I have movie maker installed, but I cannot find the options to allow importing video from my card... there's a capture video tab, but it just lists import video, pictures, and audio. :/ 
Score
Related resources

Best solution

May 20, 2010 8:15:45 PM

Thats odd. I think it may only be possible on Visita & Windows 7...

I'd be able to do it if I could some how use your computer, I'm good at problem solving like that, But I can't explain anything to you, if I have nothing to work with.

Use google to find something.
May 20, 2010 9:17:47 PM

I'm on win 7.. and thanks.. my use for it has expired... my friend wanted to make a montage, but he just got his own
Score
May 20, 2010 9:17:55 PM

Best answer selected by Martin 71.
Score
November 7, 2010 6:47:03 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!
enjoy