4 hours of total failure

ricardofurriel

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I just received my new parts and hapily started to go over all the parts.

Case check. PSU check. Hard disc and DVD drive check. No problems.

CPU (x4 955) check.

Now... Cooloer 212 Plus... After 3 hours I can't freaking making it work. I read everything, watched every f video and I was in total desperation. The screws that come with the heatsink are too short to reach the plate that you put in the back of the Mobo. Even if I had (I don;t ) longer screws, the stabilizier (that cross type of stuff that goes under the sink over the cpu sort of thing) aint match the holes of the Mobo no matter what!

My mobo is a 890gx, Asus M4A89GTD. I thought everything was easy and self explanatory but is not. It's been a freacking nightmare. I friends coming in tomorrow and my living room is full of packages and ***...

Thx for your help. My motivation level met new low records...

foggydj

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
If you're having that hard of a time installing it, then maybe the two aren't compatible. Return the fan and buy another one. It's just the cpu fan. There are plenty of other comparable ones out there. There are more important things to be worried / anal / OCD about, such as making sure your system actually boots up, runs, and is stable. In the meantime, use the stock fan.