dolb21

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Hi guys ! I have a problem with my CPU_fan socket as it does not delivers power to the fan!
I tried to put the fan on the system_2 socket ( on mobo) and it works, but not as i expected ( sometimes rans out of power ).

The CPU cooler has a 4 pin connector ( like the small power connector for floppy ).

Is it possible to "adapt" it to a molex ?

Again i must remind you that the cooler works, and the problem is only from the cpu_fan socket on the mobo.

Thanks !

dolb21

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011

Hi, in BIOS, in my PC health menu everything is set for disabled ( that means fans will run at full speed , so it should be running at full speed).

I forgot to mention, i recently assembled the PC ( as i moved and couldn't take all the system) so i didn't find the 4 pin CPU cable ( from the PSU ), and i forgot to plug it, of course it made a sparkle, and immediatly i switch off everything, and found the 4pin CPU cable and plug it in.

Now the system works normally, only that the CPU is on 65-70 degrees C all the time, and the fan is working at 650-760 rpm.

Any suggestions? Please.

Yes it's possible that it died either with age or by you shorting it out. You can use a Molex adapter and your fan will run at Full Speed. Alternatively you can buy a fan controller, either with an analog knob or digital control, to manually control your fan speed.

dolb21

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
The mobo is Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L , in PC health menu i cannot change fan control. I only can set-up alarms when is overheating.

Also, where can i find the 4pin to molex adaptor? I searched amazon but i found only 3pin to molex .

Cheers !