Sign in with
Your question

Best Setup for my PC

Last response: in Storage
July 5, 2012 3:31:28 AM

I have 1TB HDD , 180 GB SSD and 32 GB ssd. What would be a good set up for this one? First time to use SSD.

1. I am planning to install OS in HDD with 32GB ssd cache, then install my programs on 180GB ssd.
would this benefit me in the paging something? I dont care if my boot time is longer than usuall ssd.

thanks!

More about : setup

July 5, 2012 3:42:07 AM

Just run everything on the 180GB ssd and put the 32gb in a drawer.
m
l
July 5, 2012 4:21:45 AM

werawera said:
I have 1TB HDD , 180 GB SSD and 32 GB ssd. What would be a good set up for this one? First time to use SSD.

1. I am planning to install OS in HDD with 32GB ssd cache, then install my programs on 180GB ssd.
would this benefit me in the paging something? I dont care if my boot time is longer than usuall ssd.

thanks!

I wouldn't recommend putting any SSD in the drawer unless it was a first or second generation... Regardless, install and run Windows (or linux/whatever) on the 180GB SSD and run all your programs and some games off it. Keep the HDD for saving videos and backing up critical data etc. but keep the 32GB installed as just a backup for if you run out of space on the 180GB SSD so you can still have the read speed benefits of having your programs on an SSD.

TL;DR: Don't install windows and your main programs on the 32GB, do it on the 180GB SSD.
m
l
a b G Storage
July 5, 2012 5:02:00 AM

^+1 x2 ish

Use the 180gb as mentionned, use the 1tb for storage... Use, or don't use, the 32gb as you wish. It can be somewhat of a scratch disk. I don't see a point in caching your storage drive with this 32gb ssd. It's a storage drive and cache is futile. BUT...

Load windows on the 180gb without any other drives connected. Check the ssd review tweaks and tips guide and set win7 up the way you want. Then add the peripheral drives.

m
l
!