Your question

Mounting Motherboard Curved?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Antec
  • Build
Last response: in Motherboards
February 8, 2011 3:04:48 AM

THis is my first build. I have an Antec 902 and am mounting the MOBO, but I'm having a hard time mounting it because it appears that all the brass standoffs (where the screws go in) are not level. Funny thing is the standoffs were already screwed in when i first got the case. How should I fix this?

More about : mounting motherboard curved

February 8, 2011 3:24:56 AM

You guys are probably thinking, "wow, what a noob!". Just to let you know, I found that the middle standoffs are slightly higher than the others, which is causing the ends of the motherboard to curve to the back. I know that mounting the MOBO curved like that is definately not a good thing, so any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
m
l
February 8, 2011 3:37:07 AM

If I just screw in 4 out of the 6 screws (leaving top 2 screws off), the mobo is mounted flat. Should I leave the top 2 screws off? Or should I screw in all 6, but leave the mobo slightly back-bowed?
m
l
a c 107 V Motherboard
February 8, 2011 4:18:44 AM

As long as the mainboard doesn't touch the case's mainboard tray, it's fine. A lot of aftermarket CPU coolers bow the board a little bit.

And you should always use all the standoffs you can to make sure the board is correctly grounded. If it's got nine holes for standoffs, use all nine.
m
l
!