TR-AOD and EAX Unified

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 17, 2004 6:58:31 AM

Does anyone know what EAX Unified does? I noticed the option while
installing TR-AOD. I'm using SoundMax onboard audio (a feature of my Intel
mobo). Should I install EAX Unified or not? Thanks in advance.

More about : aod eax unified

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 9:09:37 PM

"Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what EAX Unified does? I noticed the option while
> installing TR-AOD. I'm using SoundMax onboard audio (a feature of my
Intel
> mobo). Should I install EAX Unified or not? Thanks in advance.

I'll take a stab at this -

EAX Unified is an option that makes EAX HD games work better with older
sound cards that don't support it. EAX is code written for subtle
reverb and morphing sound effects to increase realism. If you don't
know if your card supports EAX HD (or even EAX 2.0), try it both ways
and see what works best.

More info here:
http://www.soundblaster.com/tombraider/interview.asp?pa...

~TB
July 17, 2004 10:46:45 PM

"Tom Braider" <no1s@home.now> wrote in message

> EAX Unified is an option that makes EAX HD games work better with older
> sound cards that don't support it. EAX is code written for subtle
> reverb and morphing sound effects to increase realism. If you don't
> know if your card supports EAX HD (or even EAX 2.0), try it both ways
> and see what works best.

Thanks for your reply. AFIK, my mobo's onboard-sound only supports EAX 1.0,
so I imagine EAX Unified isn't useful to me, correct?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 3:28:19 AM

> "Tom Braider" <no1s@home.now> wrote in message
>

> > EAX Unified is an option that makes EAX HD games work better with
older
> > sound cards that don't support it. EAX is code written for subtle
> > reverb and morphing sound effects to increase realism. If you don't
> > know if your card supports EAX HD (or even EAX 2.0), try it both
ways
> > and see what works best.
> >

> Thanks for your reply. AFIK, my mobo's onboard-sound only supports
EAX 1.0,
> so I imagine EAX Unified isn't useful to me, correct?

I would think just the opposite is true. Did the install default not
show that option selected?
~TB
July 20, 2004 5:47:42 AM

> I would think just the opposite is true. Did the install default not
> show that option selected?

It may have, I don't recall. But it also showed DX9 as selected and that
was already installed before I loaded TR-AOD.

I know there's a folder on the disc for installing EAX Unified, I just don't
know how easy it is to uninstall if it's not backward compatible with EAX
1.0.
!