Video Card replacement

Nokee

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Hi,

I am currently looking to help my friend replace her video card because her current video card (nVidia GeForce 6800GT PCI-E 256MB) has been causing many display issues and is no longer functional. She has an old Alienware desktop computer, but she doesn't need a powerful video card because she doesn't do gaming, but more of just watching videos. So simply put, she doesn't want to put more than 30 or 40 dollars on the table, so we'd actually need a downgrade from the GeForce 6800GT. I'm looking for a video card that uses PCI-E and consumes as little power as this video card we're swapping out. This is because her psu can only handle 250W max - here's what she has:

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4875873

I know the psu is old but if possible I'd like to not have to upgrade it, and simply get a cheaper video card so her computer can work like normal again. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you :)

Nokee

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010

Right now the GeForce 8400 GS looks ideal, I just hope that the 250W psu is enough because I don't want to fry the system. >.>