Solved

New SSD on an older Mobo?

I have an old Asus P6TD Deluxe Mobo and I'm wanting to go SSD. I want to get a 500Gb that's fast n reliable. I've read the drives are reverse compatable as far as SATA goes, but I don't know if there are other issues which I should be aware of due to the model of Mobo. I've looked through some of the other posts and did not see a clear answer to my queston. Any help would be great Thanks
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about older mobo
  1. Best answer
    To help prevent compatibility issues update your motherboard BIOS to its latest version and make sure your SSD is on it latest firmware version.
  2. You should be OK. But, I did try to use my SSD with an *old* nVidia 650i chipset and it was a fail.
  3. depending if you have sata 3 or 6 connections on your mobo is a factor on the fastest ssd you should go with
  4. I'm wanting to go with a reasonably quick SSD as I intend to upgrade my Mobo in the future. I did see an SSD that mounted in a Pcie slot (that one has my interest). The main thing for me is that I get the most technology out of this drive as I can with the older Mobo so I don't have to buy another drive when I upgrade. Make sense?
  5. Best answer selected by hattrick68.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Asus SSD Storage