Sign in with
Your question

What on your computer takes up so much space.

Last response: in Storage
July 5, 2012 10:04:15 PM

I'm so unsure, like.. literally i look and see i've used '50gb/64gb' space, and honestly i don't even download anything, i looked at my uninstall programs/add programs, and there's only 1gb used..

Does anybody know what exactly is un-needed or what is taking up so much space :\

More about : computer takes space

July 5, 2012 10:13:08 PM

If you're referring to a fresh system install on an empty hard drive, that'd be the operating system and its supporting resources (page file, hibernation file, etc). Assuming you installed Windows.
m
l
July 5, 2012 10:23:37 PM

50gb sounds about right for your operating system plus all your misc files. One thing you can do to clear up space is by running a tool like CCleaner, which will remove all your unneeded temp files and such. See if that helps.
m
l
Related resources
July 5, 2012 10:30:42 PM

thanks, i'll look into it :) 
m
l
July 5, 2012 11:08:40 PM

Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST31000524AS -

Crucial M4 SSD 64GB -

Could anybody tell me what these two things are, sorry might be sounding stupid a bit here, but i mean i'm confused as to what the seagate 1Tb is, and i think the crucial M4 is my Hard-drive.

Like what's what, and is that 1 Tb thing suppose to be space as-well?
m
l
July 5, 2012 11:13:27 PM

You have a solid state drive (The crucial), and a hard drive (the Seagate). They are both storage devices, but here's what you need to know:

Everything on the Crucial runs really really fast. So you should install all your programs on it. It only has 64gb, so you can't put all your movies and stuff on it.

The Seagate is your hard drive. It's 1tb, which is 1024gb. It can hold a lot, so put all your text files, pictures, movies, etc on it.

m
l
July 5, 2012 11:16:22 PM

Chairman Ray said:
You have a solid state drive (The crucial), and a hard drive (the Seagate). They are both storage devices, but here's what you need to know:

Everything on the Crucial runs really really fast. So you should install all your programs on it. It only has 64gb, so you can't put all your movies and stuff on it.

The Seagate is your hard drive. It's 1tb, which is 1024gb. It can hold a lot, so put all your text files, pictures, movies, etc on it.

Thank's for the epic fast reply, and thank's as-well,

Okay one quick question then i think i should be right, how/where do i go about finding both of them on my computer, i mean the 64gb is almost out, (which has all my games/such) on it, but where is the 1TB ?
m
l
a b G Storage
July 5, 2012 11:57:21 PM

If you open your My Computer shortcut in the start menu. you should have a C: drive Approx 64GB and A D: Drive Approx 1TB.
m
l
!