Sign in with
Your question

Intel SRT Help

Last response: in Storage
July 5, 2012 10:25:48 PM

Hi,
I have Windows 7 Home Premium ALREADY installed on my HDD. I just got a 60GB SSD that I wish to use as a cache using Intel SRT. I have a Z68 chipst and have made sure that all my hardware is compatible.
How should I go about setting it up? I already have read threads and articles about how to do it, but they all lead to me having to do a fresh install of Windows 7. If that is the case, by re installing, will I loose my product key? I don't want to have to buy anything over again. I have Sony Vegas on it as well and I don't want to lose validation for that. Any help appreciated.

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Segate Barracuda 320GB
Intel 330 SSD 60GB

More about : intel srt

a b $ Windows 7
a b å Intel
a c 536 G Storage
July 5, 2012 10:37:37 PM

The SATA ports that your HDD & SSD are connected to have to be in RAID mode in order for you to use Intel SRT.

No, you don't have to re-install Windows. But if you did it would not be a problem regarding your product key. You can re-install Windows multiple times on your system as long as you don't change your motherboard. When you change motherboards Windows considers that as a "new" pc and then you need to buy another copy of Windows.

What port is your HDD connected to and what SATA mode is it in?
m
l
July 6, 2012 12:29:47 AM

Dereck47 said:
The SATA ports that your HDD & SSD are connected to have to be in RAID mode in order for you to use Intel SRT.

No, you don't have to re-install Windows. But if you did it would not be a problem regarding your product key. You can re-install Windows multiple times on your system as long as you don't change your motherboard. When you change motherboards Windows considers that as a "new" pc and then you need to buy another copy of Windows.

What port is your HDD connected to and what SATA mode is it in?

I have my HDD and SSD in the Intel SATA III ports. Currently in AHCI mode.
m
l
Related resources
!