Worried about G-skill RAM (2x4GB)

metalmidget

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
hey,

I'm building a new gaming rig, and i received my ram today. Yaay!...Until i saw the box...

Note: my build is sandy-bridge based.

The box stated that the RAM was "designed for intel LGA1156 core i5 and i7"

I was immediately alarmed, because my motherboard is a ASUS P8P67 DELUXE, and i'm going with a i5-2500 processor.

I checked the QVL of the asus board, and i saw it was OK, but the GSKILL website said it was designed for P55's...

Am i in trouble or something? Or are the box and the sites just full of crap?

Note: the product name is : F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

InvaderZim

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007

Dump the RAM. For some reason Asus boards arnt liking the Ripjaws memory. I had issues with my own Ripjaws (i had the EXACT same RAM that you have midget and I had nothing but BSOD/freezing/games not installing/web browser not working.) Flashing BIOS will do nothing to fix it either. I have been looking through the forums over the past few days and everyone that has an Asus board and Ripjaws RAM is experiencing similar problems. Go to good ol Corsair XMS instead.... and yeah the box and sites are full of crap.

metalmidget

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011

well that's no happy future for me... I haven't got any problems so far and all 8 gb are recognised, but i haven't done anything demanding so far (since the internet isn't working for some reason)

little of the topic now, but how do i get wireless internet on my computer? Do i need to switch something onboard or install something, 'cuz now windows says it can't find any router at all... Or is it the RAM like you're suggesting? Anyway, that would seriously suck. Like WTF!!!!

No, the internet not working wouldn't be caused by RAM.

"...'cuz now windows says it can't find any router at all..."
It was working and now is not? Or has it never worked?

If it was working, when did it stop? Did you install any program or driver around the time that it stopped? For my system, the newest driver for my wireless internet PCI card keeps me from accessing the wireless network at all. I have to use the default Windows driver for it to work.

metalmidget

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011

solved the problem, no worries, it was a noob mistake