Toshiba laptop screen problem.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 6, 2004 3:38:25 PM

When I use my toshiba laptop with battery
the screen is perfect but when I plug it to
the AC outlet the screen become dark.

What I need to check?

S.L.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 6, 2004 5:24:34 PM

Sang Leen wrote:
> When I use my toshiba laptop with battery
> the screen is perfect but when I plug it to
> the AC outlet the screen become dark.
>
> What I need to check?
>
> S.L.

You might have reduced the screen brightness on AC power in the power
management settings. Does the laptop work otherwise on AC?

a b D Laptop
October 6, 2004 11:33:40 PM

The power management function in Toshiba computers maintains separate
brightness settings for operating on AC power vs. battery power. It's
normally intended to be dimmer on battery power, but there's nothing to
keep you from setting it up however you choose. It's accessed from the
system tray icon or Windows control panel.

Sang Leen wrote:
> When I use my toshiba laptop with battery
> the screen is perfect but when I plug it to
> the AC outlet the screen become dark.
>
> What I need to check?
>
> S.L.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 7, 2004 11:13:07 AM

Yes, when the laptop is in AC mode the OS is working
but very Dark.
I will check the Darkness setting on power management.

Thank you.
S.L.