Sign in with
Your question

When will Sandy bridge motherboards be back on the market?

Last response: in Motherboards
February 8, 2011 5:31:05 PM

Thread says the qustion: When will Sandy bridge motherboards be back on the market?
Related resources
February 8, 2011 6:58:04 PM

Rodain said:
Apparently repairs are going faster then anticipated. Looks like there is a possibility for mid-February.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/computers/intel-sandy-bridge-...

Dang, I was kinda hoping it would take until April !

That would give another 2 months for the BIOS to mature and the other bugs to get ironed out on a newer "rev 2" board
a c 104 V Motherboard
February 8, 2011 7:36:10 PM

You can still wait for the rev. 2 - the boards are currently being sold on a "Caveat Emptor" basis.
a c 107 V Motherboard
February 9, 2011 3:34:56 AM

Cool. Looking forward to the "Your new Cougar Point B3 board is in stock" E-Mail from NewEgg. In the meantime, I'll still be torturing this BrokeMoBo...
February 10, 2011 11:15:36 AM

Is there going to be a new naming scheme or something that would let consumers find out later on this year if they purchase a revised Sandy Bridge product and not the faulty ones? I'm asking because trusting the sellers might not always be a good thing.
a c 104 V Motherboard
February 10, 2011 11:59:41 AM

amtgreen said:
Is there going to be a new naming scheme or something that would let consumers find out later on this year if they purchase a revised Sandy Bridge product and not the faulty ones? I'm asking because trusting the sellers might not always be a good thing.

The new boards will definitely be identified for possible warranty purposes. Manufacturers use Serial numbers and revision numbers to do this. Varies by manufacturer.

You are correct; don't take the seller's (retailer's) word as the gospel.
!