Out of sata ports on motherboard

I just bought my second 5870 and it is covering my sata ports on my motherboard so i need to find another way to get at least 2 sata connections 1 for my ssd and one for my hd thanks in advance :)
13 answers Last reply
More about sata ports motherboard
  1. Pull you 5870 ... plug in your drives ... re-seat your 5870 ... evrybody's doing it.
  2. i tried that but it still wont enter properly and cannot fit
  3. the connectors on your cables are too big.

do you have the ones that came with mobo?

they should work in that spot.
  4. im using the ones that came with my mobo i have a msi 790 fx gd 70 and still have trouble :(
  5. do you think a smaller connector will solve?

read the reviews for your mobo (at newegg) ... sort on "worst review first".
  6. i lookednothing about it but what are my other options in terms of gettin g more ports ?
  7. MisterClean said:

Or, a PCIe 1X cntrlr ... but wHY complicate the issue further?

Slim SATA cables are $3 a pop ... but, whatever.

= shrug =
  8. +1 !! to "X-Man!"

... He brought you the exact "goods" !!

Around here, that is what we call a "Best Answer" ... So, hit that button in the corner of his last post ... That is ALL you need (everyone knows this) ... even YOU know it ... now.

= YAY ! =
  9. Of course HIS solution is on the pricey side ...

... I'll just betcha that, if you scour the wwweb, you can save as much as $00.37(USD)

= lol =
  10. I agree a slim cable would be alot better of a choice. But apparently OP isn't happy with that, so i posted the link to SAT controller cards.

Just trying to help, don't want anyone to get the wrong idea (that I support the expensive route instead of the cheap and simple one)
  11. MisterClean said:
    I agree a slim cable would be alot better of a choice. But apparently OP isn't happy with that, so i posted the link to SAT controller cards.

Just trying to help, don't want anyone to get the wrong idea (that I support the expensive route instead of the cheap and simple one)

naw ... no sweat ... live-n-learn .. as a "general response", it was not completely wrong.

"X" and I know that this is extremely common and that there IS a specific fix ... we are not just guessing at a likely possibilty of a cure ... We KNOW the exact cable exists to cure and exactly how much THAT solution costs.

I often hem-n-haw, just a bit, to allow the OP to ponder outside their expectations ...

... It's like volley-ball ... I "set" the ball and "X" spiked it.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-spike-a-volleyball

... sometimes ... psychological inertia must be deftly re-directed.

= Al =
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt SATA Motherboards Systems