Out of sata ports on motherboard

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • SATA
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 20, 2010 9:17:13 PM

I just bought my second 5870 and it is covering my sata ports on my motherboard so i need to find another way to get at least 2 sata connections 1 for my ssd and one for my hd thanks in advance :) 

More about : sata ports motherboard

a b B Homebuilt system
May 20, 2010 9:18:09 PM

Pull you 5870 ... plug in your drives ... re-seat your 5870 ... evrybody's doing it.
m
l
May 20, 2010 9:19:32 PM

i tried that but it still wont enter properly and cannot fit
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
May 20, 2010 9:21:02 PM

the connectors on your cables are too big.

do you have the ones that came with mobo?

they should work in that spot.

m
l
May 20, 2010 9:25:27 PM

im using the ones that came with my mobo i have a msi 790 fx gd 70 and still have trouble :( 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 20, 2010 9:27:59 PM

do you think a smaller connector will solve?

read the reviews for your mobo (at newegg) ... sort on "worst review first".

m
l
May 20, 2010 9:31:01 PM

i lookednothing about it but what are my other options in terms of gettin g more ports ?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 21, 2010 2:39:26 AM

+1 !! to "X-Man!"

... He brought you the exact "goods" !!

Around here, that is what we call a "Best Answer" ... So, hit that button in the corner of his last post ... That is ALL you need (everyone knows this) ... even YOU know it ... now.

= YAY ! =
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 21, 2010 2:44:31 AM

Of course HIS solution is on the pricey side ...

... I'll just betcha that, if you scour the wwweb, you can save as much as $00.37(USD)

= lol =
m
l
May 21, 2010 3:06:03 AM

I agree a slim cable would be alot better of a choice. But apparently OP isn't happy with that, so i posted the link to SAT controller cards.

Just trying to help, don't want anyone to get the wrong idea (that I support the expensive route instead of the cheap and simple one)
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 21, 2010 3:29:47 AM

MisterClean said:
I agree a slim cable would be alot better of a choice. But apparently OP isn't happy with that, so i posted the link to SAT controller cards.

Just trying to help, don't want anyone to get the wrong idea (that I support the expensive route instead of the cheap and simple one)

naw ... no sweat ... live-n-learn .. as a "general response", it was not completely wrong.

"X" and I know that this is extremely common and that there IS a specific fix ... we are not just guessing at a likely possibilty of a cure ... We KNOW the exact cable exists to cure and exactly how much THAT solution costs.

I often hem-n-haw, just a bit, to allow the OP to ponder outside their expectations ...

... It's like volley-ball ... I "set" the ball and "X" spiked it.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-spike-a-volleyball

... sometimes ... psychological inertia must be deftly re-directed.

= Al =
m
l