Sign in with
Your question

New gaming pc. Seeking help.

Last response: in Systems
May 20, 2010 10:06:38 PM

Hello, i have saved up a bit of cash and i will be using it to replace my outdated media $500 pc for a nice powerful machine.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Today! BUDGET RANGE: 2500-2600 USD dollars.
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, photo and video editing, music, blah, blah...

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: OS, mouse, keyboard, speakers.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: www.newegg.com
PARTS PREFERENCES: Intel for cpu, Asus MOBO. ATI (xfx) Gpus
OVERCLOCKING: Yes SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I am most concerned about compatibility issues, Bottlenecks and overkills. I don't want the best rig out there but i sure want a very powerful one. Also Crossfire is a MUST.

this is what i have chosen thus far. NOTE: are 2 5770s crossfireX enough to run any game at MAX settings? or should i go with 2 5870s in crossfireX.

Here is the NEW hopefully working link, again i really, really apologize for the inconvenience.
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...

MOBO and CPU combo deal:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

All help is greatly appreciated, and have in mind that this will be ordered today.

More about : gaming seeking

May 20, 2010 11:54:44 PM

Unbelievable almost 2 hours and still not a single answer. I heard this was a good site for asking for advices.
m
l
May 21, 2010 12:07:09 AM

I greatly apologize, it seems that the links are not working, rigth? Such a big problem. I am still confused why no one said anything about it.
m
l
Related resources
May 21, 2010 12:22:07 AM

Alright so yea, first off, with your budget, you're gonna want a better monitor. With that much money to spend you should at least aim for 1920x1080.

Secondly, it isn't wise to go for crossfire right of the bat. Best to get the next best card and use that. With your cash, I'd go for a 5970 easily, or at least a 5870.

Your build looks good, you could go for a cheaper RAM however and still get good performance.

Also, although I have no experience with SSD's, everyone seems to recommend the Intel X-25M 80GB or x-25V 40GB.

Let me find some links and add them.
m
l
May 21, 2010 12:46:07 AM

Let's say, im going to stick with the monitor in my wishlist 1600x900 to max out any game (except for crisys) do i really need 2 5870s in crossfireX or 2 5770s will be enough? Thank you for your answers, i really appreciate it, can;t wait to order.
m
l
May 21, 2010 1:19:40 AM

Already ordered. Will post once the build is done, thank you very much for your help.
m
l
May 21, 2010 1:28:11 AM

There's a Crysis Warhead bench with the 5770s in crossfire. The resolution is a little higher, but it should be about the same.

Bench

Im pretty sure you'd be safe with just one 5870 at the res. Probably even a 5850.

Good luck on your build
m
l
!