Sign in with
Your question
Solved

No sound from my onboard sound...

Last response: in Components
July 25, 2010 10:17:11 AM

Hello,
I am usings Biostar's TH55B HD with realtek onboard sound. I can't seem to get the sound working. My speakers make a loud buzzing or humming sound. I tried updrading and downgrading realtek drivers. I've also tried updating the bios and motherboard chipset, doing this did nothing. In the sound panel it shows my default sound is my speakers on Realtek High Definition Audio. Any suggestions for this problem?

Intel core I3
Motherboard = TH55B HD
Ram = 2 Gig 1333
hd = 380 sata
Onboard Video and Realtek Sound

More about : sound onboard sound

July 25, 2010 10:37:31 AM

In bios make sure Azalia (onboard sound) is enabled.
Speakers are plugged into green input.
If your running Win7 run sound troubleshooter.
Just going over some of the simple things.
m
l
Anonymous
July 25, 2010 12:43:02 PM

davcon right
m
l
Related resources
July 25, 2010 1:34:06 PM

I did all of those things already. Another wierd thing is when I plug my speakers into the back of my pc, the realtex audio manager reads that I plugged them into the front jack. Any hoo... Any suggestions is much appreciated.
m
l
July 25, 2010 1:59:43 PM

Make sure your front audio connections are plugged in the the proper mobo header.
Usually you have two AC97 and HD.
Plug HD in the proper header.
Refer to your manual.
m
l
July 25, 2010 2:30:36 PM

i totally unplugged the front speaker connection and is using the back only. In realtek hd audio manager it still says the back green jack is the front.
m
l
July 25, 2010 3:42:42 PM

This may be a chipset issue since i dont have any other sound card installed. If neccessary please move this to the appropriate place so I can get some help. Thanx MOD
m
l
July 25, 2010 9:05:04 PM

I looked at your mobo manual and audio connection is straight forward.
It only comes with one audio cable(HD)plug that into your F audio header located on the left side of your board by the IO panel.
Don't confuse that with your front panel header(bottom) which has speakers leads which are purely for a case speaker(diagnostics)
m
l
July 25, 2010 11:41:55 PM

Yes sir. I have the audio plugged in correctly, thats why i can't understand why it isn't working. I really appreciate your comment. Thanx Davcon
m
l
July 26, 2010 3:26:43 AM

You've got me if this last suggestion doesn't work.
Download and install DriverSweeper
Run in safemode
Check off Realtek audio not lan
Click purge
Start normally
Download latest Realtek drivers from Biostar
m
l
July 26, 2010 4:20:38 AM

Ok bud. I downloaded drivesweeper, and will update this thread when i complete the processes.
m
l
July 26, 2010 1:40:08 PM

OK I've tried it no luck. I found old sound and graphic card drivers that was still installed and was able to clear them. Unfortunately instead of the intolerable Buzzing\Humming and no audio, now I cannt hear anything out the speakers at all. Do you think an audio add on card will give me audio?
m
l
July 26, 2010 2:11:56 PM

What windows you use ? Try and check the settings in windows , maybe something is wrong there.
m
l

Best solution

July 26, 2010 5:56:52 PM

assass3n1 said:
OK I've tried it no luck. I found old sound and graphic card drivers that was still installed and was able to clear them. Unfortunately instead of the intolerable Buzzing\Humming and no audio, now I cannt hear anything out the speakers at all. Do you think an audio add on card will give me audio?

Yes a discrete card will give you audio.
Before you do that my last suggestion for you is to clear your cmos/reset
Sometimes your cmos can become corrupted over time
It's worth a shot and something i've done before when my video was misbehaving
When i restarted in that scenario my video was restored
I have no explanation for it but it worked.
Try that and see if it works.
If not go for the sound card installation.
Man i feel for ya bud!
July 26, 2010 7:49:35 PM

OK I will try. Also I wanted to let you all know that I download the knoppix linuz live and upon booting my computer it did pretty much the same thing... It showed that the volume should be playing but I don't hear anything. Don't know if this is important, but i wanted to keep you all posted so you can offer me the best solutions. Thank you.
m
l
July 26, 2010 8:17:54 PM

I seriously think you should contact Biostar about your sound issue for resolution and or possible rma.
m
l
July 26, 2010 8:25:35 PM

Bios reset no change. I submitted a report to their support department thursday. No response yet.
m
l
July 26, 2010 9:40:55 PM

Alrighty then... We've made some progress. Now I can here out of the sound jack, but only with headphones. I was wondering???? If my power supply isn't very strong 300W, could this affect the sound and sound quality?
m
l
July 26, 2010 9:43:01 PM

exela said:
What windows you use ? Try and check the settings in windows , maybe something is wrong there.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64
m
l
July 26, 2010 10:29:54 PM

assass3n1 said:
Alrighty then... We've made some progress. Now I can here out of the sound jack, but only with headphones. I was wondering???? If my power supply isn't very strong 300W, could this affect the sound and sound quality?

I don't think so 300w is plenty considering your set-up at the moment is basic(no gpu).
m
l
August 1, 2010 12:54:57 AM

No help ever came. bought external card and sound is working fine. Thanks to all of you that replied or even looked at my post. Thank you so much. Moderator can you please close this thread. :hello: 
m
l
August 1, 2010 12:55:48 AM

Best answer selected by assass3n1.
m
l
!