Sign in with
Your question

Need help finding/picking 1155 mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
February 9, 2011 2:38:18 AM

I know most of the SB Motherboards have been recalled, but I still plan on doing a new build now, rather than waiting three or so months for a replacement.
So my question is, whats a good SB motherboard, and where can I purchase it?

Been looking at the Asus P67 pro, just cant seem to find them in stock ANYWHERE.

I have no problems with the flaw, as it will be replaced by the manufacturer anyways.

Does Microcenter still sell the boards? For those that have one nearby. I have one an hour away.
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2011 5:31:56 AM

You won't find ANY stock ANYWHERE. All motherboard have been recalled, so even if you don't mind to get one (like me), you won't find any. Best wait it out and get the revised version instead. It's not like you can find the originals anywhere at any length.
m
l
February 9, 2011 5:34:41 AM

I am able to find stock through google shopping and such. Just wondering which mobo I should get.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2011 6:00:24 AM

The Asus P8P67 Pro would be your best choice. It comes with 4 SATA III ports, so you can use the motherboard to your heart's content without ever coming close to the SATA II issues. It's also the most recommended LGA1155 motherboard on the market (well, not really on the market anymore, but you get the idea). It has onboard Bluetooth :D  so that's a great extra. Also, the support for 4 USB3.0 ports (two onboard, two via motherboard connector) is epic for external devices such as newer model external HDD's.

The only other board I would recommend is the Asus P8P67 Deluxe, if you can spend that much and you don't mind paying for a bit overpriced board.
m
l
February 9, 2011 7:35:38 AM

Any Idea where I can locate such boards? Money isnt too much of an issue right now. I just need a PC to use, I really cant wait 2 months.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2011 9:07:05 AM

Haha like I said, they've been recalled. Very few shops will still sell you a recalled board, as they will then be responsible for the possible faults. Good luck finding one!
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2011 12:55:59 PM

xinpig said:
Any Idea where I can locate such boards? Money isnt too much of an issue right now. I just need a PC to use, I really cant wait 2 months.

So you think your special or something because YOU cant' wait 2 months? THEY HAVE BEEN RECALLED. HELLO :hello: 
m
l
February 9, 2011 6:57:11 PM

I KNOW THEY ARE RECALLED, but some online shops still stock and sell boards. Thats what I am looking for.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 10, 2011 7:56:20 AM

Sigh. If you know some shops are selling them, why not contact them? AFAIK, you won't find any boards right now. If you don't want to wait 2 months, then go to an internet cafè. I also don't want to wait two months, but what can I do?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 10, 2011 1:13:51 PM

xinpig said:
I KNOW THEY ARE RECALLED, but some online shops still stock and sell boards. Thats what I am looking for.

Then if you know some shops selling them, get your credit card and telephone and give them a call ? :hello: 
m
l
February 11, 2011 12:10:25 AM

If you find any in stock please post here, i am also looking for one.
m
l
!