Does this 5970 got everything i need?

There is so many thousands of different companies selling 5970's. Does this card by XFX have everything every other 5970 got? HDMI and etc? HD-597A-CNF9 Its the cheapest i have found and XFX always seems to be such a lovely brand.
6 answers Last reply
More about does 5970 need
  1. XFX is liked by many because of their double lifetime warranty and great support. The REAL question is, "Do you have everything you need for the 5970?". It needs a minimum 650W PSU with a 6 pin and 8 pin connectors. I would also hope that you are pairing this with a system that will take full advantage.

That is all the wisdom I have for now.
  2. +1^
    Make sure your system supports a 5970.
    and yes XFX is a good brand,others like HIS,Sapphire.... are good too
  3. Slipperss said:
    There is so many thousands of different companies selling 5970's. Does this card by XFX have everything every other 5970 got? HDMI and etc? HD-597A-CNF9 Its the cheapest i have found and XFX always seems to be such a lovely brand.

the XFX 5970 you linked comes with a Display Port, not a HDMI port. You will need to use the adapter that comes with the card.
  4. How stupid of me, let me just make some comparison between 2 cards and please tell me if they are the same or not.

XFX 5970

Sapphire 5970
  5. The only other big concern with the 5970 is the lenght, many cases do not provide enough room for the 5970. Between the two I would suggest the XFX as the double lifetime warranty and support mentioned by jay2tall is one of the best selling features. As for hardware, the Sapphire 5970 will provide a slight boost out of the box but the XFX warranty allows you to OC without having to worry and thus you can OC the XFX to beat the Sapphire.
  6. Both those cards are reference design and would be the exact same. It all comes down to the warranty. The XFS has about 3-4 year extra warranty on the card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HDMI Graphics