5.9 on WEI

Firelance

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
I've seen this question a lot, but I still don't get why it only shows 5.9 on WEI. I am using Crucial M4 128GB. Should ACHI be enabled? Should I update the SSD?

What version of Windows? and is it patched fully?
The cap used to be 5.9 is vista and is 7.9 in win 7....

See this article ---> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/what-is-the-windows-experience-index

Dont know if they upped this vista 5.9 base in a Service pack update to 7.9 or if 5.9 is still the cap ... but I guess your issue lies somewhere in that area.
hopefully someone can confirm

Cheers

h3llb1tch

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
My Samsung 830 was scoring 5.9 until I updated the ahci driver. My motherboard is amd & I was using msachi. When I upgraded to amdsata, from gigabyte motherboard website, the score went to 7.9 & the boot time is now supersonic.

G

I had a higher wei score for my ssd on my previous installation of windows 7 as well. After reinstalling the same OS it was significantly lower. But then I activated windows and installed service pack 1 and all recommended updates and did a new WEI assessment and now my score is 7.6 for the ssd, wich is even higher than on my previous installation.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Go to start, type regedit in the start search window, and then press enter.
If you get the UAC warning dialog box, click continue.
Locate and then click one of the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
reboot your computer for changes to take affect

TRENDING THREADS