No Anistropic Filtering in games?

I have a HD 5850, i7 860 (stock clocked @ 2.8 Ghz), and 4 GB DDR3 1066mhz ram. And everytime when I play game like COD: MW2 and Battlefield: Bad company, there is no AF visible when playing the games. In the video settings for the games I set the AF on max but there is still no AF. Everytime when I look at a distance of about 30 ft, some of the textures are not loaded. I looked at my Catalyst control center and there is nothing changed with the setting the AF is set at "use applications settings". I tried messing around with the settings like turning off AI but still no luck. I even tried enabling the catalyst control center's AF but still no change. I also tried restoring to factory settings but still no AF in games.

The weird thing is that I didn't have this problem with my old 21.5" ASUS 1080p monitor. But when I plugged it in my new samsung 24" 1900 x 1200 monitor, I started getting this problem.

Also the HDMI that I'm using for my current monitor looks kind of a generic made HDMI. It came with TV that I bought. Is it possible that the problem that I am experiancing is because of this generic HDMI? I used this same HDMI on my old ASUS monitor and I didn't have any problems with AF.

So yeah anyone know a solution to this problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about anistropic filtering games
  1. Very strange problem since it is not the monitor that enables AF but all the other hardware that was working fine with your old monitor.
  2. You're playing at a higher resolution so it could be that the textures don't look as good at the higher resolution and not a result of no AA.
  3. The resolution differance that I'm playng at is at is 1900 x 1200, which is only a 120 horizontal line differance from my old monitor. And there is a HUGE differance in textuers, when I look at a tree from 30 ft away not all the leaves are loaded up but when I get closer and closer leaves start filling in, now keep in mind this is 16x AF and I'm only 30 ft away. I didn't have this problem on my old monitor.

And I never said anything about bad AA, I was talking about AF.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Games Graphics