No Anistropic Filtering in games?

ahmad_clk

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
I have a HD 5850, i7 860 (stock clocked @ 2.8 Ghz), and 4 GB DDR3 1066mhz ram. And everytime when I play game like COD: MW2 and Battlefield: Bad company, there is no AF visible when playing the games. In the video settings for the games I set the AF on max but there is still no AF. Everytime when I look at a distance of about 30 ft, some of the textures are not loaded. I looked at my Catalyst control center and there is nothing changed with the setting the AF is set at "use applications settings". I tried messing around with the settings like turning off AI but still no luck. I even tried enabling the catalyst control center's AF but still no change. I also tried restoring to factory settings but still no AF in games.

The weird thing is that I didn't have this problem with my old 21.5" ASUS 1080p monitor. But when I plugged it in my new samsung 24" 1900 x 1200 monitor, I started getting this problem.

Also the HDMI that I'm using for my current monitor looks kind of a generic made HDMI. It came with TV that I bought. Is it possible that the problem that I am experiancing is because of this generic HDMI? I used this same HDMI on my old ASUS monitor and I didn't have any problems with AF.

So yeah anyone know a solution to this problem?

ahmad_clk

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
The resolution differance that I'm playng at is at is 1900 x 1200, which is only a 120 horizontal line differance from my old monitor. And there is a HUGE differance in textuers, when I look at a tree from 30 ft away not all the leaves are loaded up but when I get closer and closer leaves start filling in, now keep in mind this is 16x AF and I'm only 30 ft away. I didn't have this problem on my old monitor.

And I never said anything about bad AA, I was talking about AF.