Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Canon 20D raw picture

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 6:25:20 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I am looking for a picture taken with
a canon 20d, in Raw format.
(I want to check if some software
can handle it). Can someone send it
to wim.canon(at)xs4all.nl

Thanks,

Wim

More about : canon 20d raw picture

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 12:30:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Wim Joppe wrote:

> I am looking for a picture taken with
> a canon 20d, in Raw format.
> (I want to check if some software
> can handle it). Can someone send it
> to wim.canon(at)xs4all.nl
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wim
>
Wim-

Why dontcha just tell us what the software is. RAW images may not pass
out of a number of ISP's- are you sure yours can handle the size? My RAW
images are in excess of 10 Megs.....

--
John McWilliams
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 1:45:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

John McWilliams wrote:
> Wim Joppe wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a picture taken with
>> a canon 20d, in Raw format.
>> (I want to check if some software
>> can handle it). Can someone send it
>> to wim.canon(at)xs4all.nl
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Wim
>>
> Wim-
>
> Why dontcha just tell us what the software is. RAW images may not pass
> out of a number of ISP's- are you sure yours can handle the size? My RAW
> images are in excess of 10 Megs.....
>

I want to know wheter the Adobe DNG converter (which can be
found on adobe.com) can handle files from a D20. It is not
on the camera list which can be found on same adobe site.
But in the meantime, some people send me a raw file
(and indeed; they are big; but no pronblem for my 20Mb mailbox).
And I found that the DNG converter can handle them.

Maybe it was better to ask that specific question, but not
everyone likes to install some software on his PC
just to answer my question :) .

Wim
Related resources
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 1:45:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

You can use the following free service to transfer files up to 1 Gig in
size...

http://s2.yousendit.com/

hth...

Wim Joppe wrote:
>
> John McWilliams wrote:
> > Wim Joppe wrote:
> >
> >> I am looking for a picture taken with
> >> a canon 20d, in Raw format.
> >> (I want to check if some software
> >> can handle it). Can someone send it
> >> to wim.canon(at)xs4all.nl
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Wim
> >>
> > Wim-
> >
> > Why dontcha just tell us what the software is. RAW images may not pass
> > out of a number of ISP's- are you sure yours can handle the size? My RAW
> > images are in excess of 10 Megs.....
> >
>
> I want to know wheter the Adobe DNG converter (which can be
> found on adobe.com) can handle files from a D20. It is not
> on the camera list which can be found on same adobe site.
> But in the meantime, some people send me a raw file
> (and indeed; they are big; but no pronblem for my 20Mb mailbox).
> And I found that the DNG converter can handle them.
>
> Maybe it was better to ask that specific question, but not
> everyone likes to install some software on his PC
> just to answer my question :) .
>
> Wim
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 10:20:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Wim Joppe" <nospam@pc001.local> wrote in message
news:41BB0350.9080009@pc001.local...
> I am looking for a picture taken with
> a canon 20d, in Raw format.
> (I want to check if some software
> can handle it). Can someone send it
> to wim.canon(at)xs4all.nl
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wim
>
I don't think you know what you are in for Wim but I sent you one anyway!
It's nearly 8 meg in size. God help your ISP is everyone does the same!

Doug
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 10:20:54 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Ryadia wrote:
> "Wim Joppe" <nospam@pc001.local> wrote in message
> news:41BB0350.9080009@pc001.local...
>
>>I am looking for a picture taken with
>>a canon 20d, in Raw format.
>>(I want to check if some software
>>can handle it). Can someone send it
>>to wim.canon(at)xs4all.nl
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Wim
>>
>
> I don't think you know what you are in for Wim but I sent you one anyway!
> It's nearly 8 meg in size. God help your ISP is everyone does the same!
>
> Doug
>
>

Yes, I know about the size. My mailbox is 20Mb in size; and it will
block mail when it if full.
(So I am deleting them form my box after downloading).
Until now I received two files,
and with the one from you it will be three.
But my questions are answered with those files; so people can
stop sending pictures.


Wim
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 4:15:28 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Wim Joppe" <nospam@pc001.local> wrote in message
news:41BB6A74.6020403@pc001.local...
> I want to know wheter the Adobe DNG converter (which can be
> found on adobe.com) can handle files from a D20. It is not
> on the camera list which can be found on same adobe site.
> But in the meantime, some people send me a raw file
> (and indeed; they are big; but no pronblem for my 20Mb mailbox).
> And I found that the DNG converter can handle them.
>
> Maybe it was better to ask that specific question, but not
> everyone likes to install some software on his PC
> just to answer my question :) .
>
> Wim

There are those of us who have installed the converter and it works for the
20D even though it's not listed.

Clyde Torres
!