Last response: in Motherboards
February 9, 2011 3:24:06 PM

ok i have a acer aspire x1200 and i wont to upgrad a few things like
case
psu
gpu

and i have a few qestions that i need awnsers

first) is this mobo a micro atx or atx all info for my mobo is on bottom

second) how many watts psu can this board handel like i wanna get a 800w psu will it be ok or will it blow anything

therd) what is the best gpu i can put in if i can get a good amount of watts for the psu i will beable to use gpu's that need 6-8 pin connecters

forth) what is the best cpu i can use info for what i have in there is also down bottom

main board-vvvvvvv

manufacturer : acer
model: wmcp7m
chipset: nvidia nForce720a rev :a2
southbridge: n vidia ID075c
LPCIO: ITE - IT8718

BIOS

brand: Phpenix technolgies,ltd
ver: R01-b0
date: 10/30/2008

graphics interface

ver: pci-express
link with: x16 max suppoted x16

CPU-vvvvvvv

name : amd athlon 64X2 500+
package: socket am2(940)
tech: 65nm core voltage 1.648v

if you need anymore info i have cpu-z that is where im getting all the info i can give more plz help would like to get better fps in games and dont really wont to oc or change my mobo plz help i know its alot but any help would be helpfull sirus knowlage plz plz dont use this post for points realy need help ty very much
Lynmachine

More about : micro atx board

February 9, 2011 4:01:57 PM

jaquith said:
The easiest and fastest way is to measure the MOBO. More than likely it's a mATX.

ATX Sizes -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX#Variants

im looking at other sites and thay are saying its bigger then a mini atx but smaller then a micro i dont know what to do ty for your post jaquith this will help me to find out just need to shut down and find the dementions lol
m
l
Related resources
February 9, 2011 4:30:43 PM

just messerd my mobo and its lenth from back"power cord plucg in back" to front and i get 9 3/4 inches or 23.8 cm and lenth is 8 inches or 20.3 cm so its

lenth 9 3/4" or 23.8 cm or 238 mm
with 8" or 20.3 or 203mm

so lets see
m
l
February 9, 2011 4:36:04 PM

so its between the flex and micro atx board but not exacly one of them what the he** do i do is there a case that will allow this to go in
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 9, 2011 5:34:11 PM

OEM MOBOs don't necessarily comply with 'Standard ATX' sizes, and often this goes for their PSUs. Unfortunately, it not that unusual. Further, it's not that unusual for the OEM to fuse/solder the I/O Shields. Therefore, it's EASIER to start from scratch.

Also, if you're upgrading everything then it really doesn't matter. I recommend using the de facto standard ATX MOBOs with Mid Tower cases.

MOBO: EVGA or ASUS
GPU: EVGA {nVidia} or XFX {ATI/AMD}
RAM: Corsair or G.SKILL
PSU: Corsair
CASES: CoolerMaster, Antec or Corsair - depends on models
m
l
February 9, 2011 5:42:42 PM

my I/O Shields is not fused or soldered the reason im doing this is yes i plan on buying all new parts including a new mobo i know the mobo im getting but would like to buy my new case and psu now that i have the money after that i wont then start saving again for the rest of the parts i know that the parts have to meet up with what is suported i can do that for the new parts to make shore thay match up with my old ones to so i can use my comp with the new case till i get all the parts i wont together im looking at about 6 months of saving so

i quess what im asking is will this board fit in anyother case im looking at a mid tower with good cooling and wire managment that this mobo will fit in to and if u mean the mobo i have has no 1/0 shealt its on the case but its not needed if i put it in a new case only will have the mobo in there for about 6 months not worried about the sheald
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 9, 2011 6:02:26 PM

Using the 'old' OEM MOBO in a new case is not guaranteed :(  I've seen a few times that it didn't match-up with either the stand-offs or I/O Shield hole in the case.

When buying a new case -- get a GOOD one. A quality case can be reused for several builds/rebuilds.

If it doesn't fit -- un-matching standoff holes, then they can be easily drilled and tapped using similarly threaded screws {disposable screws - don't tap with stand-offs you'll ruin them}. Use only the standoffs that properly line-up and remove/move all others.

Good Luck!
m
l
February 9, 2011 6:24:55 PM

jaquith said:
Using the 'old' OEM MOBO in a new case is not guaranteed :(  I've seen a few times that it didn't match-up with either the stand-offs or I/O Shield hole in the case.

When buying a new case -- get a GOOD one. A quality case can be reused for several builds/rebuilds.

If it doesn't fit -- un-matching standoff holes, then they can be easily drilled and tapped using similarly threaded screws {disposable screws - don't tap with stand-offs you'll ruin them}. Use only the standoffs that properly line-up and remove/move all others.

Good Luck!

wow never thought of that ill just drill and tap the holes for the stand offs ty
so that is solved i need help with the others lol
ty
m
l
February 9, 2011 7:29:03 PM

im getting nowhere with acer telling me anything i was on chat with them asking toe form facter and the girl told me to go here to find out what my form facter is and that my form facter was there anyone see it
i have an acer aspire x1200
http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
if anyone sees it can you tell me i quess you have to select the model and tyle then it gives you drivers applications documents and stuff related to my comp
plz help
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 9, 2011 7:47:00 PM

As I said, "OEM MOBOs don't necessarily comply with 'Standard ATX' sizes" and you'll have no problems fitting per your measurements into any of the following cases {though I recommend ATX Mid Tower}:

ATX Desktop
ATX Full Tower
ATX Mid Tower
ATX Mini Tower
MicroATX Desktop
MicroATX Mid Tower
MicroATX Mini Tower
MicroATX Slim Case
m
l
February 9, 2011 8:17:38 PM

so i will be able to fit it in and scew it down with the given stand offs in thoses cases without drilling or tapping or will i have to do that
m
l

Best solution

a c 717 V Motherboard
February 9, 2011 9:02:04 PM

I didn't say that. An OEM MOBO is it's own thing and doesn't, clearly, follow standardized ATX form factors. HOPEFULLY though the MOBO holes are positioned in their standardized places.

Example, a Mid Tower case - has multiple standoff pre-drilled holes to match all of the varying standardized ATX, m/u ATX screw holes that can 'fit' into the case. Therefore, the question isn't about the 'size' per case -- it ALL about the MOBO screw holes positions.

Is that clear?
February 10, 2011 12:08:33 AM

yes ty
m
l
February 10, 2011 12:08:47 AM

Best answer selected by lynmachine.
m
l
February 10, 2011 12:41:08 AM

jaquith said:
I didn't say that. An OEM MOBO is it's own thing and doesn't, clearly, follow standardized ATX form factors. HOPEFULLY though the MOBO holes are positioned in their standardized places.

Example, a Mid Tower case - has multiple standoff pre-drilled holes to match all of the varying standardized ATX, m/u ATX screw holes that can 'fit' into the case. Therefore, the question isn't about the 'size' per case -- it ALL about the MOBO screw holes positions.

Is that clear?

ok do me a fav what is this stand off possition called i looked it all up and my mobo will fit in a antec 900 and the stand offs that match up with the mobo are highlited in red can u tell me what this would be called

thre curcaled in red ty
link to antec 900 case that shows my mobo stand off posion
http://img638.imageshack.us/i/casev.jpg/

this is my mobo image
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3003...
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 10, 2011 1:20:56 AM

The holes are where the standoff screw into per your MOBO. The reality is - I simply eyeball what standoffs I need then screw them into the appropriate 'tapped' screw holes that you've got in red, and screw-in the corresponding MOBO screws.

{Optional} In my case, I actually use thin plastic washers to avoid scratching/shorting the MOBO; above the standoff & below the MOBO screws 'sandwiching.'
m
l
February 10, 2011 1:35:40 AM

so what im asking my brother inlaw has this case and its an atx case and my mobo will fit in and will be abel to screw in thos holes so does this mean i can buy almost every atx case and it will work or no is this hole pattern called somthing sorry for the repeat Q
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 10, 2011 1:49:24 AM

That's hard to understand, but your Brother in-laws case 'should' work, but until your MOBO is placed inside and the standoffs installed/aligned -- your guess is as good as mine.

If it works in your Brother in-laws case, assuming it's a standardized case then it will work in ANY ATX case as stated above.

Otherwise, yes you can buy ANY ATX case as I already posted above -- the holes in non-OEM {regular} MOBOs are very standardized.

Now if you had a standard non-OEM m/u/ATX MOBO then I'd be very confident that it would fit fine.

...I've stated every possible outcome to you in this post. :) 
m
l
February 10, 2011 1:50:49 AM

ty
m
l
!