Sign in with
Your question

XFX 9800 GX2 texture problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2010 8:51:12 PM

HI!
i have a XFX GeForce 9800 GX2,PS 850 chieftec,MB Asus Maximus 2 Formula,and Corrsair XMS2 2 x 2 GB kit (1066 Mhz), running on a win 7 32 bit.
When installed Bad company 2, and Metro 2033,i needed to update my driver...then bang at my head...computer has restarted and graphic was not looking good..textures gone wild..temp was at 55C..reinstalled driver, nothing..new windows 7 64 bit,nothing..tryed even Win XP instaled..no way..then tryed another time win7 32 bit..same problem..I'm thinking about update bios, but think it won't help..tryed without one hard drive,same problems..i tryd to relocatte graphic card at other pci slot...same ***..then i returned the card at the same slot, where it was before..nothing..i've open'it to clean it up...not working...all about texture problems...even in the bios...ANNY HELP PLEASE?????? :fou:  :fou:  :fou: 
April 19, 2010 9:00:43 PM

Eddy;
I have this same problem too.
The (temporary) fix action I've come up with is to disable multi-GPU. Right-click on your desktop, go to 'Nvidia Control Panel'. You should see an option to switch from multi-GPU to single-GPU.
This fixed the crashing/texture wackiness/BSOD. The card ran fine after that, just not with the performance of dual GPUs.
Now, for you naysayers, I updated my drivers to the latest edition and games that DID work with multi GPU now do NOT work (League of Legends, Borderlands, Age of Conan, etc).
I'm going to try to driver sweep and let you know what I find ..
If anyone knows a better fix for the 9800 GX2, please let us know!

- mech
April 20, 2010 8:57:31 AM

cat't acces the control panel cause everything is mixed up with the drivers..i'll try and let you know...
!