Sign in with
Your question

Computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.

Last response: in Windows 7
October 27, 2011 10:28:58 PM

Hello, I'm writing this for a friend because he now cannot get into his Win7 computer after defragmenting his hard drive. The computer acts like it going to start up, but then an error comes up say "computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" He has a back up disc, but still gets the same error when trying to use that. He cannot even go into repair mode when pressing f8. He does not have the original disc because it was preinstalled on his computer.
a b $ Windows 7
October 27, 2011 10:47:48 PM

tml said:
Hello, I'm writing this for a friend because he now cannot get into his Win7 computer after defragmenting his hard drive. The computer acts like it going to start up, but then an error comes up say "computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" He has a back up disc, but still gets the same error when trying to use that. He cannot even go into repair mode when pressing f8. He does not have the original disc because it was preinstalled on his computer.

Can you Burn a rescue disk for him/her ?
October 27, 2011 11:01:50 PM

ksiemb said:
Can you Burn a rescue disk for him/her ?

well, they already have a rescue disc, but it will not from that either!

How would I be able to load another using my computer? Would I make one from my own operating system?
Related resources
October 27, 2011 11:07:13 PM

Re-install WIN from the original disc.
Use Restore point
a b $ Windows 7
October 27, 2011 11:09:44 PM

DelroyMonjo said:
Re-install WIN from the original disc.
Use Restore point

he doesn't have the win cd.
a b $ Windows 7
October 27, 2011 11:14:46 PM

tml said:
well, they already have a rescue disc, but it will not from that either!

How would I be able to load another using my computer? Would I make one from my own operating system?

Does that computer have a recovery pf key like DELL has PF12 ?

And I was thinking more along the lines of downloading a rescue disk like linux, or some other. But if he could not use the one he has, this may also be futile.
October 28, 2011 3:45:15 AM

Actually, we finally figured it out!! He was having no luck using f8.... but, we tried f10...well, it didn't work either... then, he thought of maybe doing "ALT" F10 and it worked!! It wiped his computer back to the original state he bought it in, but he was able to get it to load!!! :) 

Thank you so much everyone for your help!!! :) 
!