I'm upgrading from a 9800gx2 to an ati 5850, but I'm not sure the correct way to go about uninstalling drivers. I'm reading that the 5850 can be very finicky when it comes to drivers, so I want to make sure I am doing it properly. What's the best way?
More about :completely uninstalling nvidia drivers 5850
2) Download your new driver to the same place.
3) Add/remove programs, uninstall any Nvidia or ATI vga drivers and programs.
4) Boot into safe mode. Press F8 repeatedly while booting to enter safe mode. Your display resolution may be minimal.
5) Run driversweeper. Check the selection boxes for the removal of all nvidia vga drivers and ati drivers.
6) Rerun driversweeper. All such components should be gone.
7) Install the new driver from the desktop or saved location.