Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Crossfire
  • Cable
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2010 11:27:19 PM

I have two ATI 4850s connected with a crossfire cable. Recently, when I open up CCC to enable crossfire, sometimes crossfire is only an option when I select the card in my second PCI slot with only one monitor plugged in. I realize I could switch the cables, and plug two monitors into the second card and fix the problem, but I'm wondering if this is a symptom of some other problem.

I've already tried reinstalling the drivers.

More about : selecting master card crossfire

April 19, 2010 11:56:36 PM

Generally speaking, the PCIe slots are assigned numbers, with the PCIe slot closest to the CPU being the number 1 card (darn programmers will call that slot 0 sometimes - just to keep you thinking). Your monitors need to be plugged into that card in a Crossfire configuration. Crossfire will not work in any other configuration.

The connectors on the other card are not to be used.
m
l
April 20, 2010 12:46:47 AM

vvhocare5 said:
Generally speaking, the PCIe slots are assigned numbers, with the PCIe slot closest to the CPU being the number 1 card (darn programmers will call that slot 0 sometimes - just to keep you thinking). Your monitors need to be plugged into that card in a Crossfire configuration. Crossfire will not work in any other configuration.

The connectors on the other card are not to be used.

refer to the motherboard manual, a few boards have what you would think would be the second slot is the first (ie my M4A78-E)

though he is right, whatever card is in the primary slot will be the one that displays the image, just look at the motherboard manual to check which one it is
m
l
!