Solved

AMD Phenom II x4 -> x6 core unlock?

Well hello everybody..

Going to buy a new gaming rig.. and getting this for mobo: http://en.ocworkbench.com/tech/asrock-890gx-extreme3-amd-890gx-sb850-board-review/

I planned to get Phenom II 1055t as processor, but is it indeed possible to have a 945 quad core unlocked to a fine six-core? I thought core unlocking was possible only with x3 and x4 processors, but to have x4->X6 ? Sounds almost too good!

Anyone tried it? Confirms?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about phenom core unlock
  1. no, I believe thuban is the only 6 cores which no quads have been made on thuban as far as I know
  2. nope the Phenom II X4 945 is a native quad core

you would have to wait for the Phenom II X4 960T, which is a 6 core with 2 disabled, getting this won't be easy since it looks like it will only be released to OEM's (like Dell, Hp...)
  3. Best answer
    Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

It's not possible, the only Phenom II X4 that can be unlocked to a Phenom II X6 is the Phenom II X4 960T (see here) that hasn't be released to the public.
  4. We're still hoping AMD launches the Zosma-based Phenom II X4 960T, but the official word from the company is that it has no plans to do so, unfortunately :(
  5. The Zosma cores are the only ones that this will be possible with and these processors may not be released at all.
  6. OK! Thanks for this info people :)

If this is the case I'm just going to get 1055t. Futureproof and lots of potential for anything :D
  7. Best answer selected by n3007.
  8. you can unlock a 960t to 6cores and overclok it to 4ghz i know i have it and it's scrores 7.6 on windos experience index on 7.9
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Processors Phenom