Any more Thubans to be released?

The 2nd link I posted is more recent - 20/21 July.
That article is from April. I heard the 960T is NOT going to be released.

I]http://www.legitreviews.com/news/8025/
I noticed "Retail" in that headline.
I think they will be 'forced' to release them eventually. (economically forced).
What are they going to do with all the X6 Thubans that can't pass bin tests on all 6 cores? I don't think they'll throw them out.
AMD is concerned that X4 960T will 'cannibalize' sales of X6 parts. They've been talking to OEMs about using the X4 960T and with MB MFGRs about ways to prevent core-unlocking.

AnandTech's take on the same AMD notice

They would be idiots to release a quad that unlocks to a 6 core. That would kill 6 core sales and that's where they are making the most money.

not really, it will be the same as the 720/550/555. The cores are not guaranteed to unlock so the user is either going to take the chance or just spend a bit more to get the full x6.

AMD made a boatload of cash with the 720/550/555, so it would actually be smart on their part to do the same with the crippled x6's. They have 2 options, either throw them away or sell them as quads with the potential to unlock. I don't think AMD is going to throw them away when they can still make money off of them, wouldn't make sense.

Actually what YOUR saying doesn't make sense. You cannot sell a 6 core cpu with defective cores as a quad that unlocks. ITS GOT DEFECTIVE CORES>HELLO?

If the 6 core cpu has defective cores, then you cant unlock them anyways, they wont work properly. The only dual/tri cores that unlock to quad cores are not defective at all, they simply disabled some of the cores.

I do not believe you will see AMD do this ever again, they realize how many quad core sales they lost by selling quad cores as dual cores and allowing unlocking.

If AMD was losing sales they would have stopped selling these unlockable dualies and tri's, so no there are not losing sales since most users won't even bother taking that chance if they have the cash for a full fledged quad. The 955/965 sold in record numbers and it is still selling quite fine due to its price-tag. Of course the sales for AMD quads is decreasing since the x6's came out, but to say that the unlock'able x2's and x3's hurt sales is nonsense, AMD still made a good penny regardless. AFAIK the 960T will be sold as an OEM part and if not it really wont matter because AMD CPU's are still affordable and we still have a large variety to choose from w/o breaking the bank.

The only dual/tri cores that unlock to quad cores are not defective at all, they simply disabled some of the cores.

Correct, but then you have the ones that wouldn't unlock and therefore they are categorized as "defective" cores. So it's hit or miss, you either take that chance or just pay full price and not have to worry about it ;)