Sign in with
Your question

Music Production Card?

Last response: in Components
July 26, 2010 12:15:10 AM

I am putting together a Music Production computer and I am trying to find a suitable sound card that isn't to expensive.
The CrossHair 4 is the mobo I plan on buying and the external interface I am getting is the M-Box 2.

So I pretty much need something thats as cheap as possible but efficent, but no more than 100$.
I currently have in current computer a Sound Blaster Audiology Value 2, and i don't think it will last that much longer.

Thanks for info. I know a sound card will enhance the overall quality of sound, even though I will plugging mostly
everything into the M-Box 2, it will still be nice to have for everything sound!

More about : music production card

July 26, 2010 6:58:00 AM

Suggested sound card is very good, but for professional use you may need balanced In/Out so check the M-Audio Audiophlle 192, even it costs more than $100

Both cards are compatible with the famous ProTools professional recording software.
July 26, 2010 7:15:52 AM

Yeah I have seen those, but, I am using a Mbox 2 which is an external audio interface(external sound card) for
hooking my midi controller into, then also guitar and mics. I also would be able to hookup my studio monitors to this also,
which makes having a interal sound card almost not worth it, esp when a mobo like crosshair 4 already has decent sound.

The reason I just don't get something like the m-audio cards like those is, I have read plenty of places that
having your interface interaly, it just sucks compared to having something like the m-box.

So I am pretty much looking for a sound for DVD, Music playback(Real player, itunes), and regular run of the gun audio
pretty much a home entertainment card for 5.1 and stuff.

If I read around correctly, having the external interface, everything plugged through it will be just like plugging them
into a very nice interal sound card. The only problem is, there are things that are used in music that just plug
into USB, so having a decent up to date internal card is required.

Actually for the price of most cards, the m-audio might just be perfect. I was looking at the Asus D1, DX, and STX, then
over at the Creative Fatality. But I might look into just getting one of them maudio cards even though I will have
a Mbox!
!