  • Microsoft
  • Desktop Icons
  • Windows XP
January 27, 2005 9:35:03 PM

How can I get my previously arranged acons to stay in the location I place
them? It seems for some reason they get re-arranged. Isn't is possible to
arrange them the way you want them and have them stay that way across
shutdowns and restarts?
--
squawvally

More about : desktop icons arranged

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 11:41:37 PM

Right click the desktop,
select Arrange Icons,
uncheck Auto Arrange,
select Align to Grid

Rearrange your Icons,

"Don Phillips" <DonPhillips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I get my previously arranged acons to stay in the location I place
> them? It seems for some reason they get re-arranged. Isn't is possible
> arrange them the way you want them and have them stay that way across
> shutdowns and restarts?
> --
> squawvally
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 12:17:09 AM

Right click Desktop | Arrange Icons By |

UNCheck: Auto Arrange
[[Arrange the icons in columns along the left side of your screen.]]

UNCheck: Lock Web Items on Desktop
[[Specifies whether Web content windows or items that *you* have placed on
your desktop are locked in place and can’t be moved. Select the check box to
lock Web content in place. Clear the check box if you want to be able to
move Web content.]]

If Lock Web Items on Desktop is checked...
Items can be moved, but are moved back after reboot.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User