Want to buy motherboards.

hi all,please help me,y want to buy montherboard soket am3 with chipset
amd770-sb710.
not decide witch company is better asus,gigabyte,asrock or msi
y want to montherboard :to be quality pieces, to be cold and good for overclok(stable).
thank you so much
15 answers Last reply
More about want motherboards
  1. way gigabyte last?wat is wrong with gigabyte? :o
  2. Nothing wrong with Gigabyte especially with AMD motherboards. Asus took the lead with socket 1156 but thats all to my knowledge. I have had 5 in a row with no issues.
  3. I'd put MSI behind Asus, just because... I know we've all had our separate experiences, but I haven't had a single MSI product fail me in the history of everything I've ever bought from them. I'd say that Asus and MSI are both about equal, with ASRock having some great deals but a hair less quality. Nothing wrong with Gigabyte, really; they're just a tad bit cheaper. Biostar brings up the rear with some really nice prices, if not a little less reliable, though. Avoid Jetway and similar 'budget' boards.

Asus and MSI are both exceptional overclockers - that's where companies like Gigabyte fall behind a tiny bit. I know from experience that MSI has a lot of OC-Oriented boards, mostly in the upper end of the price spectrum, and ASUS is basically good for pretty much everything.
    And there you have my opinions on basically all of the other manufacturers.
  4. Those ratings just aren't my opinion alone in this forum, every so often there's a discussion and the reason for Gigabyte is because it represents the highest number of confirmed bad MOBOs in this forum. Oddly, considering by sales volume ASUS is 10X times more than Gigabyte.

Meaning, you'd expect 10 ASUS :: 1 Gigabyte.

I don't count User error or User issues as 'bad', bad is dead.
  5. my final decision for this:
    mpntherboard(is not 100% solid capacitores :( for this monterboard)
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS M4A77T
    procesor(unlock cores 2-4):
    Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX
    and memory:
    kingston kit 3gb/ddr3/1600mhz
  6. hi all :pt1cable:
  7. jaquith said:

Sorry, but I'd have to put MSI at the bottom of the barrel IMO. After buying one about 6 months ago, rma'ing 2 of them, and finally buying a Gigabyte that has had NO problems.

Then come to find out, they took all the 125w CPUs off the supported list for that board! Obviously I wasn't the only one with a problem!!!
  8. ^That was for AMD MOBOs. I'm looking at bad MOBOs by the numbers, I've seem them all go bad.

Intel: EVGA, ASUS, ASRock, MSI ... Gigabyte.
  9. jaquith and all comunity in order for SOCKET AM3 wat is good choice in order.the best to worst
  10. My original post of was for AMD and AM3. EVGA no longer build AMD MOBOs.

AMD: ASUS, ASRock, MSI ... Gigabyte.

Q - What CPU & GPUs are you looking at?
    Q - What's your Total budget?
  11. my final decision for this:
    http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=l1zATQi62WcRFJyk&templete=2
    motherboard supports 1800 (o.c.)mhz,to buy memory at 1800mhz or 1600mhz is stable.montherboard have 1066,1333,1600o.c.,1800o.c
    if you buy memory:1800mhz or 1600mhz motherboard first sees her value???
  12. The best value/performance RAM is 1333 MHz CAS 8. FYI there's also the ASUS M4A77T/USB3 http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=lktfeydH7jRKCfWT

G.SKILL 1333 MHz 8-8-8-21 @ 1.5v F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231180 also see http://gskill.com/products.php?index=77

You can look at the QVL RAM or as above the G.SKILL is tested for your MOBO chipset.
  13. jaquith if you buy G.SKILL memory:1800mhz or 1600mhz(not 1333mhz) motherboard first sees her value?
    or the 1800mhz or 1600mhz one recognizes the 1333mhz?
  14. I'm suggesting a comparable set of RAM per the CPU & MOBO. 1600 MHz is indeed fractionally better, but not too much of an improvement. I would prioritize additional expenditures for an improved CPU over RAM.

Take the money from RAM and look at a better CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955/965 or maybe AMD Phenom II X6 1055T.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards Product