MPx220 discontinued - more info?

Last response: in Network Providers
March 28, 2005 5:33:56 PM

Hi,

I noticed that the MPx220 phone was removed from Cingular's web site.
In earlier postings on this group there was a discussion about a
pending firmware update for the phone.
Does anyone have more information about this? Will this phone be
"resurrected", or is there a new Windows phone planned for Cingular? I
am looking for a Cingular smart phone, small form factor, preferably
Windows-based.

Thanks,
blu
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 10:16:41 PM

I would like to know the same. I am going to call cingular tonight and see
what I can find out.
"blu4899" <blu4899@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the MPx220 phone was removed from Cingular's web site.
> In earlier postings on this group there was a discussion about a
> pending firmware update for the phone.
> Does anyone have more information about this? Will this phone be
> "resurrected", or is there a new Windows phone planned for Cingular? I
> am looking for a Cingular smart phone, small form factor, preferably
> Windows-based.
>
> Thanks,
> blu

March 29, 2005 12:09:54 AM

what will the mpx have that the mpx220 doesn't? How much will the mpx cost?
"agentHibby" <agentHibby.1mmpqy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> My guess would be that the MPx220 is discontinued due to the 'MPx'
> (http://tinyurl.com/5cwcp) Will be coming out in a month or 2.
>

> --
> agentHibby

March 29, 2005 12:09:55 AM

I wish I could help you there, but I can't.
My guess would be by looking at the phone $350-500 rage like the RAZR
is would be only a guess :?:

The US verison does not have GSM 900 just GSM 850/1800/1900
It is heaver than 220
220 has 18 bit screen MPx only 16 bit screen
It does not have Java J2ME
It has Infrared (IR)
220 has Picture ID and the MPx does not
Hope this helps you out!

--
agentHibby
March 29, 2005 6:33:38 PM

Wow....that MPx looks nice. Looks like it's running a version of Windows
Mobile. I bet that puppy will be pretty expensive. $500 is my guess.

"agentHibby" <agentHibby.1mmt7z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> I wish I could help you there, but I can't.
> My guess would be by looking at the phone $350-500 rage like the RAZR
> is would be only a guess :?:
>
> The US verison does not have GSM 900 just GSM 850/1800/1900
> It is heaver than 220
> 220 has 18 bit screen MPx only 16 bit screen
> It does not have Java J2ME
> It has Infrared (IR)
> 220 has Picture ID and the MPx does not
> Hope this helps you out!
>

> --
> agentHibby

March 29, 2005 6:33:39 PM

Tried one and the reception was terrible. Camera was ultra grainy. Took it
back after 48 hours.

Don
"Aaron Heck" <amheck@takethisout.attglobal.net> wrote in message
> Wow....that MPx looks nice. Looks like it's running a version of Windows
> Mobile. I bet that puppy will be pretty expensive. $500 is my guess.
>

> "agentHibby" <agentHibby.1mmt7z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
> message news:agentHibby.1mmt7z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...
>>
>> I wish I could help you there, but I can't.
>> My guess would be by looking at the phone $350-500 rage like the RAZR
>> is would be only a guess :?:
>>
>> The US verison does not have GSM 900 just GSM 850/1800/1900
>> It is heaver than 220
>> 220 has 18 bit screen MPx only 16 bit screen
>> It does not have Java J2ME
>> It has Infrared (IR)
>> 220 has Picture ID and the MPx does not
>> Hope this helps you out!
>>

>> --
>> agentHibby
>> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
>> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t170972.html

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 4:31:16 AM

Funny that you can still Order them off Amazon.com for $49.00 if you sign up
with Cingular...

$199 if you dont...

!