Sign in with
Your question

How can I know wether the Graphic card is having problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 20, 2010 1:59:15 PM

My Dell Dimension 4700 is getting stucked. I have just added RAm up to 3 gb because I thought that could be the problem but after that it continues to get stucked and has a noise that comes from the Graphic card. Do you think it could be related?
Every time it gets stucked I have to manually turn it off.
Thank you,
Maria
a b U Graphics card
April 20, 2010 2:09:53 PM

It is quite possible that your memory or graphics card is the problem. I would suggest trying a program called memtest to test the memory to see if that is the problem. Can you also try and explain what it is you are doing when it gets "stuck"?
April 20, 2010 2:26:25 PM

deweycd said:
It is quite possible that your memory or graphics card is the problem. I would suggest trying a program called memtest to test the memory to see if that is the problem. Can you also try and explain what it is you are doing when it gets "stuck"?

I have just today changed ram from 1 gb to 3gb and I can see it goes a lot faster.
April 20, 2010 2:49:10 PM

deweycd said:

As a last option I have vacuum the ventilator and for the first time is not getting stuck (thanks for correcting).
Many thanks for your help
Related resources
!