Detected Videocard won't display *Help*

Nobistik

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Hello all,

I recently bought a Geforce 8800GTS and have been having a world of problems with it. I installed the drivers on it and uninstalled and even disabled all other intergrated video card settings and then tried re installing the nvidia drivers. My problem is however that despite the card being detected by windows the graphics card wont display past the bios. I've tried to change the video card display priorities and it just won't work (Bios loads with card displaying but won't display past bios load screen)

Also I've done everything possible to get this card working (and yes it does work I'm the second owner and saw this card in it's glory) I've bought/been given a brand new mobo,processor,ram, power supply (650 Watts).

Here are my specs:

Vista OS w/ Sp 2
AMD Athlon II processor Model 635x4 (Quad Core running at 2.9 Ghz)
Asus m4a785t-m/csm Motherboard
Using a Sony Bravia 46 inch tv as my monitor at the moment
4 Gigs of Ram
2 Sata HD (a samsung one that's a 250 and a no name brand one from the previous computer build I uprgraded from trying to get this card to work).

I've been searching google for a while now but can't seem to find why it wouldn't be working I honestly appreciate any help in this as it's been driving me absolutely nuts :pt1cable: for two weeks now and just want to play some games with my new build.

Nobistik

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
I'd say yes because it was detecting it in my old mobo and displaying the load up as well it just wasn't displaying it past the bios as well (part of the reason I uprgaded the mobo and thought maybe it was a PSU issue) as for it going bad I'd be kind of skeptical of it because it is displaying in bios which means it should in theory be working and it is being detected as hardware in windows and has pretty much gone from case to case without it really having any chance to have gone bad.

Nobistik

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Thank you for the aide, I ended up finding out the problem was just a resolution issue with the TV and plugged it into a monitor and it works fine now.

Cheers and thank you once again.