Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Print..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 8, 2004 12:56:16 AM

Hi Group,
Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel
a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the
girlfriends!

We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to
enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers.
The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is
192.168.1.1 (which is the printer).

I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the
printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the printer
vanishes off my Printers list(!)

It doesn't with the other machine and I can't understand why.

Any clues guys ?

Cheers,
Paul
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 8, 2004 12:56:17 AM

Honkeytonk Man wrote:
> Hi Group,
> Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here.
> I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I
> did on the girlfriends!
>
> We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the
> back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm
> going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of
> the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer).
>
> I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I
> unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router,
> the printer vanishes off my Printers list(!)
>
> It doesn't with the other machine and I can't understand why.
>
> Any clues guys ?
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

The port address is OK, but you haven't any device address.
http://www.draytek.com/english/support/support_note/rou...

a b D Laptop
October 8, 2004 12:36:20 PM

Q,
Thanks m8ty, it worked a treat. :-)

Paul

> Honkeytonk Man wrote:
>> Hi Group,
>> Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here.
>> I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I
>> did on the girlfriends!
>>
>> We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the
>> back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm
>> going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of
>> the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer).
>>
>> I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I
>> unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router,
>> the printer vanishes off my Printers list(!)
>>
>> It doesn't with the other machine and I can't understand why.
>>
>> Any clues guys ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul
>
> The port address is OK, but you haven't any device address.
> http://www.draytek.com/english/support/support_note/rou...

a b D Laptop
October 8, 2004 12:36:21 PM

"Honkeytonk Man" <honkmyhorn@honky.com> wrote in message
> Q,
> Thanks m8ty, it worked a treat. :-)
>
> Paul

>> Honkeytonk Man wrote:
>>> Hi Group,
>>> Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here.
>>> I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I
>>> did on the girlfriends!
>>>
>>> We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the
>>> back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm
>>> going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of
>>> the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer).
>>>
>>> I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I
>>> unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router,
>>> the printer vanishes off my Printers list(!)
>>>
>>> It doesn't with the other machine and I can't understand why.
>>>
>>> Any clues guys ?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Paul
>>
>> The port address is OK, but you haven't any device address.
>> http://www.draytek.com/english/support/support_note/rou...

Kewl, yr wlkm.