Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A BIG HELP ON MY GAMING PC!

Last response: in Components
Share
July 26, 2010 11:29:14 PM

Ok.A few months ago I was just completely clueless about computer parts.Now I am just still about unsure whether all this are able to work together well.The main concern are just the processor,motherboard and graphics card.

Well here are the parts.

Case CM Elite 310
Processor Intel I3-550
Motherboard Asus P7P55D-LE
Graphics Card Sapphire or XFX 5770 1GB
Ram 3x Corsair XMS 133mhz 240 pin DDR3
Psu Corsair modular HX 520(Enough)Or 620?
Optical Drive Lite-on 24x
Sound Card Creative labs X-FI titanium
Hard Drive 2x Seagates 500gb 7200rpm sata
HD monitor BenQ V2220


Ok so I want to play games like cod,command and conquer and CS in HD resolution like 1920x1080(I know you guys will say 58xx series are better but I have made up my mind)

Now I just need to know if my PSU is enough at 520 or 620?and....
Whether this Motheroard is good enough?I will not be using crossfire so is this OK for gaming?

More about : big gaming

July 26, 2010 11:34:13 PM

You don't even need that board, a H55 would be enough for single card.
But 1156 RAM are dual channel, so 3 sticks would not be optimal for performance.

To answer your question, that rig would have a peak power consumption under 300W, so the 520W is plenty.

Have you considered AM3?

By the way, where are you buying from? Are these used parts?
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 12:03:30 AM

Hmmmm So if I want 6GB ram I will have to find a 2sticks 3GB ram or just settle with 2GB ram?The difference between H55 and P55 is P55 is for dual card and H55 for single?

And the parts Iam planning to buy are not new.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 27, 2010 12:13:24 AM

Yup, but the P55 is actually an H57 as it has RAID.

theres no "3GB" ram, just 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB....
With 2 sticks of 2GB you would be just fine, 4GB is enough for gaming and it will be dual channel (2 sticks)

What are the prices you are getting?
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 12:31:00 AM

Timop said:
Yup, but the P55 is actually an H57 as it has RAID.

theres no "3GB" ram, just 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB....
With 2 sticks of 2GB you would be just fine, 4GB is enough for gaming and it will be dual channel (2 sticks)

What are the prices you are getting?


Ok........ my country is not US so I dun really know how to tell you the price.

So will a P7H55-M pro or evo be better ?the pro vesion is cheaper than the P7P55D-LE while the P7H55-M EVO is a little more expensive than the P7P55D-LE
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 2:02:36 AM

Timop said:
Yup, but the P55 is actually an H57 as it has RAID.

theres no "3GB" ram, just 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB....
With 2 sticks of 2GB you would be just fine, 4GB is enough for gaming and it will be dual channel (2 sticks)

What are the prices you are getting?


NVM I check that 2 mother boards and they are just uATX.
I want a ATX motherboard to expand in the future so do you think that the Asus P7H55-V is a better option?
But to be honest I would prefer to stay on the P55 side.
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 2:11:54 AM

progunnerboi said:
NVM I check that 2 mother boards and they are just uATX.
I want a ATX motherboard to expand in the future so do you think that the Asus P7H55-V is a better option?

Since you dont plan to CF, uATX isnt really an issue unless you have loads of PCI cards.

P55 is fine, but make sure you get a crossfire X8/X8 board, without that, you just get a gimped PCIe port that doesnt do much.
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 3:35:25 AM

Timop said:
Since you dont plan to CF, uATX isnt really an issue unless you have loads of PCI cards.

P55 is fine, but make sure you get a crossfire X8/X8 board, without that, you just get a gimped PCIe port that doesnt do much.


Ok..
I think I will go for the Asus P7P55D EVO

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=YhNWZrOT1OWycIgo

2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (single at x16 or dual at x8/x8 mode)
1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (at x4 mode, 2.5GT/s)
2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 (2.5GT/s)
2 x PCI

So,in the future maybe when crossfire is a better technology I may use it.

lastly is all my parts compatiable and should I go for sapphire or Xfx 5770
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 5:09:45 AM

Ok honestly 5770 is not enough to play at that res I have one I know
I have to take it to 960 core 13xx mem to make thing playable with no AA
please reconcider cut money somewhere to get a better card...sorry I dont have a suggestion
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 9:29:26 AM

spentshells said:
Ok honestly 5770 is not enough to play at that res I have one I know
I have to take it to 960 core 13xx mem to make thing playable with no AA
please reconcider cut money somewhere to get a better card...sorry I dont have a suggestion


Better such as 5830?5850 or 5870?

So are you refering and mem on the card? then the mem as in 1Gb or 512mb? I dun see any 13xx plus mem
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 11:40:22 AM

yes he is saying a better card ..as in possibly one of those.. not the mem on the card but the GPU itself.. for 1080p you will be unhappy with your current choice. i think everyone here at least recommends a 5850. but you said you have made up your mind on that.. so I don't think we can help you with that. lol

I agree with Toimop for mainboard and memory suggestions
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 12:25:47 PM

Hard Line said:
yes he is saying a better card ..as in possibly one of those.. not the mem on the card but the GPU itself.. for 1080p you will be unhappy with your current choice. i think everyone here at least recommends a 5850. but you said you have made up your mind on that.. so I don't think we can help you with that. lol

I agree with Toimop for mainboard and memory suggestions


Hmmm I already settled the mainboard. So if I get a 5870/5850 it wont be so laggy with MAX AA/af at 1080p?
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 1:11:55 PM

progunnerboi said:
Hmmm I already settled the mainboard. So if I get a 5870/5850 it wont be so laggy with MAX AA/af at 1080p?



that is correct. however keep in mind there are a few games that will bring the highest end computers to their knees ie crysis and I hear metro 2033 is pretty stressful on hardware as well.. but most anything will run great.. I play bc2, burnout paradise mass effect and even oblivion and far cry 2 maxed with my 5870 so i would say yeah
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 3:17:18 PM

Hard Line said:
that is correct. however keep in mind there are a few games that will bring the highest end computers to their knees ie crysis and I hear metro 2033 is pretty stressful on hardware as well.. but most anything will run great.. I play bc2, burnout paradise mass effect and even oblivion and far cry 2 maxed with my 5870 so i would say yeah


Yeah I understand.I have decided to get a 5850 as its very similiar to 5870 but the difference in price is ................................ Now which brand sapphire or XFX is better?
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 3:27:22 PM

progunnerboi said:
Yeah I understand.I have decided to get a 5850 as its very similiar to 5870 but the difference in price is ................................ Now which brand sapphire or XFX is better?

Choose the cheaper one. Youre not in the US so XFX's lifetime warranty doesnt apply anyways.
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 3:48:05 PM

i agree with Timop on that one
m
0
l
July 27, 2010 10:55:01 PM

Hard Line said:
i agree with Timop on that one


Hmm yeah.In my country sapphire is more expensive than XFX for some reason z............

So heres the Update list


Case-CM Elite 310
Processor-Intel I3-550
Motherboard- Asus P7P55D-EVO
Graphics Card-Sapphire 5850 1GB
Ram-2X Corsair XMS 133mhz 240 pin DDR3
Psu-Corsair modular HX 620
Optical Drive-Lite-on 24x
Sound Card-Creative labs X-FI titanium
Hard Drive-2x Seagates 500gb 7200rpm sata
HD monitor-BenQ V2220

Should be able to work well..
m
0
l
!