SSD slower after 4 days? [Samsung 830 256gb]

rageofthepeon

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Hey guys, just wondering if there was a reason my new Samsung 830 256gb SSD is bench marking a tiny bit slower then 4 days ago on a fresh OS install?

315fmmb.jpg

I know it seems tiny but it's performing slightly slower in all 4 areas. Only things I have done is installed many windows updates, graphic drivers, a few programs (MSE/CCleaner/Chrome), and worked through an SSD optimization guide. Is this normal for a brand new OS installed SSD and 4 days later? Thanks in advance :p .

Solution
Yes, this is normal. SSDs arrive at their maximum performance and then slow down somewhat. Thankfully, the slowdown isn't linear. It levels off pretty quickly. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes, but if you're interested, keep benchmarking and see where you stabilize. You may already have reached your final level of performance.
Yes, this is normal. SSDs arrive at their maximum performance and then slow down somewhat. Thankfully, the slowdown isn't linear. It levels off pretty quickly. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes, but if you're interested, keep benchmarking and see where you stabilize. You may already have reached your final level of performance.

Solution

MagicHardware

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012

Hi,

What SATAIII controller do you have the drive plugged into?
addon controller? or on motherboard?
Can you give specific details and version number?

My sammsung 830 tops out about 350mb read, and 200 write anda bout 40 / 20 IOps
I have it hooked to a Marve 88SE9128 and version is i think ....1034

Can anyone help me boost the speed to expected figures.
Drive is 1 day old. Only windows installed on it.