Sign in with
Your question
Solved

NEED URGENT HELP

Last response: in Motherboards
February 11, 2011 2:31:11 AM

Alright, here is what is happening. I just bought all new components. The specs are as follows:

Asus m4n75td motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
Corsair DDR3 xms3 1333mhz 8GB (4x2GB)
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX460 SE 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-E 2.0 x16
Corsair TX850W Power Supply
Asus MS246 1080P HD Monitor

The Problem:

I have everything put together correctly (I assume), I am not getting any picture to come up on my monitor at all and the (MEM OK) LED on the motherboard, no matter how much I test it stays on. I would appreciate any input. Please help.

More about : urgent

February 11, 2011 2:34:27 AM

maybe your monitor is broken. Do you have a hard drive in your pc?
m
l
February 11, 2011 2:37:28 AM

Video card properly seated? And power supply connected?
m
l
Related resources
February 11, 2011 2:44:08 AM

The video card is properly seated and yes I have the power supply plugged in. My monitor is not broken, it works fine on my other computers.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2011 2:56:08 AM

What hard drive are you using and what operating system? Do you have the memory correctly seated? Have you tried using 1 memory module at a time? Do you have both power supply connections to the MB attached?
m
l
February 11, 2011 3:00:59 AM

I mean power supply to the video card.
m
l
February 11, 2011 3:03:32 AM

I am using a WD 320GB Sata Hard Drive The Operating system is not on there yet, because I cannot see the screen to do so. Memory is correctly seated as well. I am down to using 1 stick of ram as opposed to the 4 that I started with. When I press the Mem OK button It starts blinking and runs the tests, but it just comes right back on and still no video. Both Power connections to the board are already in place, yes. I will be installing Win 7 Ultimate x64 when I can get a visual on screen.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 12, 2011 3:24:39 AM

Try moving the vid card to another slot? If you have other comps, can you swap vid cards? Is it possible that your MB is not screwed down on all the standoffs? Make sure nothing is shorting on the back side of the board to the case. The usual testing would have you take it all apart and test the assembly out of the case. The MB may be bad. Follow the steps here and get back to us please (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...)
m
l
February 13, 2011 6:23:39 AM

Did all of what you said and still the [MEM OK] LED is still on and No video.
m
l
February 13, 2011 5:47:34 PM

Well, The Graphics card works in my other computer and the ram is brand new, so the only 2 things I can think of are it could be the motherboard that is bad or the cpu. I do not have another board to test the cpu on though.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 13, 2011 6:51:58 PM

Not to beat a dead horse but you might swap out the PSU into the other comp or the other comp's PSU into the new build, just to be sure about it. Can you also swap memory modules between the computers? A CPU failure is very rare. The minimum to boot to the Bios is the CPU, PSU, 1 memory module, CPU fan plugged in (does yours spin BTW?), Video card, monitor and mouse/keyboard to navigate. With everything else disconnected (including all fans and whatever else is connected to the PSU), try to boot. If nothing changes, I would say it is RMA time for the MB.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 13, 2011 10:50:59 PM

Did you plug the PSU into 2 different places on the motherboard? Do you have a case speaker - if so what kind of beeps are you getting and if not consider picking one up.

Step through the following trouble-shooting guide, let us know what you find at each step: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
m
l

Best solution

February 14, 2011 8:48:30 AM

That bios may not support the x6 processor you may have to flash the bios for it to... I have heard of a few users who had to do that to support the x6. Also not sure where you bought your board but newegg has about 5 negative reviews for that board with a "short" in it... may need to be replaced.
February 15, 2011 11:14:08 PM

How do I flash the bios if I can't see what is going on on the monitor?
m
l
February 16, 2011 12:41:55 AM

from the Asus m4n75td motherboard manual - "MemOK! switch - Installing DIMMs that are incompatible with the motherboard may cause system boot failure, and the DRAM_LED near the MemOK! swtich lights continuosly. Press and hold the MemOK! switch until the DRAM_LED starts blinking to begin automatic memory compatiblity tuning for sucessful boot."

This light also comes on when memory is install incorrectly.

This Mem Test will reboot your pc over and over after about 20 secs trying various memory settings. Once your system reboots successfully with a correct memory setting make sure to have the latest version of bios to install (holding the delete key to enter bios right away.)

To stop this test you need to unplug your pc for 1 to 2 minutes before reconnecting the power.

Let us know if this fixes your issue.
m
l
June 8, 2011 3:38:32 AM

Best answer selected by Fnirish.
m
l
!