Recurrent BSOD windows 7 64 despite hardware changes

drjx17

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hello! I have often used these forums to answer my questions and am a long-time lurker, but have never posted.

I need help and am at the end of my technical knowledge with this computer. I purchased a refurbished HP p6540f, and shortly after I got it, it began to have frequent BSOD. I contacted HP and sent it in for repair, and the motherboard was replaced. This did not improve the problem. I reinstalled the OS (Windows 7 64 home premium) from the system recovery disks, and continued to have frequent BSODs, even before I installed other programs or devices. Thinking it was most likely a hardware problem given the clean factory install, I have tried swapping out the power supply, RAM, and video card. None of these hardware changes improved the BSOD issue. I have reverted the system back to its original hardware. I have run diagnostics on the hard drive, which have always passed. I don't know what else to do! Please help! Thanks so much. System specs and link to minidump files below.

Processor: 2.8GHz AMD Phenom II X4 830
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Storage: 1TB hard drive
Optical Drive: DVD±RW
Graphics: Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=ba5eae1e34eb00c8&resid=BA5EAE1E34EB00C8!135

illusio12

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Hi drjx17, the problems you are having seem to be associated with the image itself ( what you replace with factory shipping condition install ).

Once worked for the dark side and supported HP sold in their stores!! Try this ( since your fresh setup n all! ), download the iso for W7 Home Premium x64 here : http://techpp.com/2009/11/11/download-windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links/
Then burn to dvd or usb for boot ( google windows 7 usb / dvd tool ). Download to disc latest HP drivers and Software for your laptop and any other programs / utilities eg : Zonealarm, Dx 2010 June update, Display drivers etc )

Backup any relevant data to disc, usb or external hdd, then at first post, enter bios for boot options and select dvd or usb ( needs to be plugged in here! ).

When setup starts, and asks for install partition, select all patitions here and delete untill no more partitions; then create 1 partition using all space and install will then format this partition.

So clean install on one partition ( windows 7 creates two partitions anyway by default! ) Not using the corrupted image from HP!

See if hardware and system still display the same BSOD instability errors.
Worth a try, :)