Ene kb926qf problem

G

Hello,

I have a fried HP Pavilion DV4 mainboard. The ene kb926qf controller is the problem.
I have two questions:

1. If I buy a new ene kb926qf C0(same version as the one on the mainboard) do I have to programm it?

2. Are the C0 and C1 versions of the chip both compatible or do I have to use the C0 version?

Thank you.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hard to give a definite answer here because you don't know what else is damaged on the mainboard.

1. If you get the same component, you shouldn't have to program it (I would think)
2. Either version should work

The real question, though, is why not just replace the mainboard itself? You may have only found one problem and are likely to find others when you make this repair. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!

G

Thank you for the reply.

To replace mainboard is too expensive. I already started to sell components from the laptop, I just want to try and solve the problem, maybe I can also make it work and try to sell it.

About question no 2. I already agreed with the seller, he will send me a new component because he messed up the order(sent me C1 instead of C0).

I now have to wait another 20 days, the component comes from Hong Kong. :-(

ruben91678

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I found that this chip is fried on my dv7. With this chip fried, would that stop me from being able to power on the computer with the power button? For awhile I was able to power it on with just the remote. When that stopped I took it apart and found it burnt. That chip is for the ENE CIR and it should be for the remote, right? So this would stop the power button from working too?

iostrym

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Hello,

I have also the same problem with the ENE chip KB926QF. this chip is under court circuit and I am no more able to start computer with power button.

I would be very interested to know where to buy such a component because I don't find on the internet.

thanks a lot for your help !