[Hard Drive] Lost partition and size

floodboy

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Please help,
suddenly, my hard drive was disconnected from windows (i have 2 hardisks, 1 is OS system, other is data (3 partitions and now gone :cry: ).
when restart..in BIOS only detected around 40MB size. Actually is 1 TB size.
in windows, only detects 1 drive and when i clicked into the drive, message came up " The Disk in drive D is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

what should I do to uncover the partition?

thanks!

yearsmcir

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Well, as to your problem, I recommend you a free data recovery software.
Download: http://freeware-recovery.blogspot.com/2012/07/free-delete-format-recovery.html
It is an expert at partition recovery and most kinds of partition error such as deleted partition, formatted partition, etc will be fixed by it.
Besides, this is a FREE software. The operation is very easy, do as the blog tells you and the hassle will never bother you any more.
After the recovery you had better do a thorough check to see what is the matter.

Testdisklogo_clear_100.png
TestDisk, Data Recovery
TestDisk is powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.

TestDisk Step By Step to recover lost partitions and repair damaged FAT/NTFS boot sector
Recover deleted files from NTFS partition

NOTE If seeked lost file are still missing, give PhotoRec a try. PhotoRec is a signature based file recovery utility and may be able to recover your data where other methods failed.

PhotoRec is file data recovery software designed to recover lost files including video, documents and archives from hard disks, CD-ROMs, and lost pictures (thus the Photo Recovery name) from digital camera memory. PhotoRec ignores the file system and goes after the underlying data, so it will still work even if your media's file system has been severely damaged or reformatted.

TRENDING THREADS