Need help picking brand/model of 5770 to buy.

motamedn

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I'm planning on buying a 5770 to use on my new build. I was wondering if anyone had insight over differences between brands for 5770. I know there is a generic design model from ATI for manufacturers to follow, but their fans are different and they likely have some differences in performance. I was looking and I see a few that piqued my interest.

HIS IceQ 5 H577QT1GD Radeon HD 5770 Turbo 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770 100283VXL Video Card

All are within 20 bucks or so...what do ya'll think?

Solution
I honestly could go either way. The IceQ cooler has not changed for a while, because it works well. All they did was take their cooler and put it on a 5770 card. Same with the MSI card. I would feel good about either. I like that the HIS blows it out the back.
If you aren't planning to overclock the standard card is perfectly fine. However, if you are looking to push the limits a little, I think any of those cards would be good. I do like the MSI HAWK card. However, I didn't know HIS made an IceQ version. I really like that line of coolers, it's one the the best.

motamedn

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
SO would you say the IceQ is better than the MSI HAWK?

For some reason my gut tells me yes, but that card has no reviews at all that I can find. The MSI has good reviews, so overall I'm leaning toward that one right now..

I honestly could go either way. The IceQ cooler has not changed for a while, because it works well. All they did was take their cooler and put it on a 5770 card. Same with the MSI card. I would feel good about either. I like that the HIS blows it out the back.

Solution

alexbazzi

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
dude im on the same trouble as you! im beetween the hawk or the iceq.
But im finally getting the hawk! Reaso? it is almost imposible to find any his iceq 5 seller on the internet plu it dosesnt has a Afterburner softaware(From MSI) that alows you to do a perfect overclock..Anyway the msi has military quality parts and two huge fans plus three ultra-fat pipes that awesomely blows the total amount of heat out of the card!
hope thisworks for you :)