Sign in with
Your question

GTX 275 and TV Out

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 20, 2010 9:16:51 PM

So I wanna buy this cable to hook my GTX 275 up to my TV. Sadly, with VGA alone, my HDTV won't go above 1024x768, so I'd like to use this cable to get widescreen 1080 from it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P3Q0YW/ref=ord_car...

Problem is, the cable says that your VGA card must support the SPECIFIC TV out capability, and I'm not sure if mine does. Could somebody clear this up for me?

Thanks,
Raybob

More about : gtx 275

a b U Graphics card
April 20, 2010 10:00:17 PM

If you hook the component end to the tv it should work just fine. However. since I don't know the model of your TV I can't say for sure it will work. It depends if you have Component In plugs.
m
l
April 20, 2010 10:49:09 PM

multiscreenz said:
If you hook the component end to the tv it should work just fine. However. since I don't know the model of your TV I can't say for sure it will work. It depends if you have Component In plugs.

Well, yeah of course the TV has the required plugs; that I could check out myself. :) 
m
l
Related resources
April 21, 2010 3:26:14 AM

well if you knew that than what are you asking?

the adapter is a VGA adapter to RCA component so unless you got a crappy TV then it will work
m
l
April 21, 2010 8:25:09 PM

I was asking if my video card is able to output Y /Pr/ Pb or whatever it is over VGA, since in the wire's specs it says that your card needs to to work and that not all cards can.

After all, like the reviews say, it is only a cable adapter, not a converter.
m
l
!