3rd party dell battery??

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 7, 2004 10:03:06 PM

Hi, I have a lattitude laptop which is in real need of a new battery.
I checked the Dell website and replacement batteries aint cheap!! does
anyone know if there are cheaper 3rd party batteries? Also, has anyone
bought batteries off eBay? they have the same dell battery for half
the price, but not sure if it's any good. Thanks!
apkesh

More about : 3rd party dell battery

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 8, 2004 4:19:56 PM

I bought one for my I8000 from
http://www.impactcomputers.com/dellparts-dell-laptops.h.... Fast
service and the battery has been giving me over 3 hrs on a charge for
the past 6 months.
Anne

"Apkesh" <browntiger73@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Hi, I have a lattitude laptop which is in real need of a new
battery.
| I checked the Dell website and replacement batteries aint cheap!!
does
| anyone know if there are cheaper 3rd party batteries? Also, has
anyone
| bought batteries off eBay? they have the same dell battery for half
| the price, but not sure if it's any good. Thanks!
| apkesh
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 8, 2004 5:43:22 PM

Apkesh wrote:

> Hi, I have a lattitude laptop which is in real need of a new battery.
> I checked the Dell website and replacement batteries aint cheap!! does
> anyone know if there are cheaper 3rd party batteries? Also, has anyone
> bought batteries off eBay? they have the same dell battery for half
> the price, but not sure if it's any good. Thanks!
> apkesh

Don't know if it applies to your notebook, but at least for my Inspiron 7500
I've had really bad experience with 3rd party batteries.
Even if it had similar specs to the original, the laptop would lock up, and
even refuse to power up half the time. In the end I just had to throw it
away...

And this was even a 3rd party battery *recommended* by Dell, because they no
longer sold their own for this particular laptop.

Regards,
Kristian
!