Finally i decided my Cpu >> Take a look

Intel i3 540
GIGABYTE GA-H55N-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
Gtx 460 (768) or Ati 5770 (will choose between them)
RAM : 2GB DDR3
500Gb HD


How this looks?.....any suggestions ?
54 answers Last reply
More about finally decided look
  1. What do you intend to do with this computer? Gaming?
  2. Like Lmeow said,we need to know your usage first.
  3. @ Lmeow & maziar : Ofcourse gaming....and lots of other stuffs too...Like photo editing,
  4. Buy a 5850, will last longer and higher fps.
  5. 1. 2GB more RAM.
    2. Different motherboard (definitely)!
    3. HD 5850. Out of the two in your list.... GTX460.
  6. It looks good overall.
    I would recommend going with 4GB RAM if you use a 64bit OS.
    Your motherboard is fine if you don't want to use CrossFire.
    As for VGA,go with GTX 460.
  7. and with respect to above post plz go with a i5 750 if u want to do gaming and video editing....
  8. hell_storm2004 said:
    1. 2GB more RAM.
    2. Different motherboard (definitely)!
    3. HD 5850. Out of the two in your list.... GTX460.

    ok....then Asus p7h55 will do it?......
  9. List some i3 supported motherboards.... Under 100 us dollars...
  10. ASUS P7H55-M PRO
    GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H
    SI H55-G43 LGA
    ASRock H55M Pro
  11. Maziar said:
    It looks good overall.
    I would recommend going with 4GB RAM if you use a 64bit OS.
    Your motherboard is fine if you don't want to use CrossFire.
    As for VGA,go with GTX 460.



    Crossfire?.....
  12. Crossfire is using two ATI cards in the same PC.
  13. WR2 said:
    ASUS P7H55-M PRO
    GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H
    SI H55-G43 LGA
    ASRock H55M Pro



    Thanks...., select one for me........ :sarcastic:
  14. They're all good choices. But I put them in the order that I'd chose myself. Asus 1st - Asrock 4th.
    That 3rd choice is MSI H55-G43
  15. Which is the best?....
  16. WR2 said:
    They're all good choices. But I put them in the order that I'd chose myself. Asus 1st - Asrock 4th.
    That 3rd choice is MSI H55-G43



    Then,ASUS P7H55-M PRO is the best ...?
  17. I would go with the Gigabyte one. Asus after sales service sucks! Although i haven't looked at the features.
  18. Can I choose a board over $100?
  19. hell_storm2004 said:
    I would go with the Gigabyte one. Asus after sales service sucks! Although i haven't looked at the features.



    Assus is the best for motherboards isnt it?......
  20. Here are side-by-side comparisons to the four boards I mentioned;
    Motherboard feature comparions
  21. WR2 said:
    Here are side-by-side comparisons to the four boards I mentioned;
    Motherboard feature comparions



    So,.... which one i should choose from?....Toms recommends ASRock H55M Pro...?
  22. IF you do decide on the 460 -- get a 1GB card instead - for the price difference you get much better performance !! (higher Memory Bandwidth and increases in both Pixel and Texture Fill Rates)

    Quote:
    GTX 460 1GB.
    Memory Bandwidth: 115.2 GB/sec
    Shader Operations: 226800 MOperations/sec
    Pixel Fill Rate: 21600 MPixels/sec
    Texture Fill Rate: 37800 MTexels/sec
    Vertex Operations: 56700 MVertices/sec

    GTX 460 768MB
    Memory Bandwidth: 86.4 GB/sec
    Shader Operations: 226800 MOperations/sec
    Pixel Fill Rate: 16200 MPixels/sec
    Texture Fill Rate: 37800 MTexels/sec
    Vertex Operations: 56700 MVertices/sec


    Also Newegg currently is running a sale on the Palit 460 1GB. for $230 and has a 10% dicount with code EMCYVNV39 so $207 shipped ! (and it includes a Trial of Starcraft II also )
  23. Do you ever plan on using 2 video cards?
    What will be the screen resolution of your monitor?
  24. Get yourself a quad core - ie. i5 750 or i7s
  25. To those mentioning the i5 750, I agree. At the same time, not knowing his budget is not helping matters. His budget might not be enough for an i5 750.
  26. Guys... i have an lcd 1980/1020 (22 inch) monitor..... i3 should be enough yea?......
  27. Yes; but you also may want to leave the option open to use a 2nd video card in the future.
    Because the GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H gives you that option and Asus ASUS P7H55-M PRO does not I think you should get the GA-H55M-S2H.

    And for a 1920x1080 monitor you want to get a 1GB video card if you can squeeze it into your budget.
  28. WR2 said:
    Yes; but you also may want to leave the option open to use a 2nd video card in the future.
    Because the GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H gives you that option and Asus ASUS P7H55-M PRO does not I think you should get the GA-H55M-S2H.

    And for a 1920x1080 monitor you want to get a 1GB video card if you can squeeze it into your budget.


    Then, Ati 5770 (1gb) would be enough?.....
  29. I think it might be. But it's your PC and your budget.
    You can compare HD 5770 to GTX 460 yourself. You decide which would be 'enough'.
    HD 5770 vs GTX 460 in 18 games and 5 benchmarks
  30. WR2 said:
    I think it might be. But it's your PC and your budget.
    You can compare HD 5770 to GTX 460 yourself. You decide which would be 'enough'.
    HD 5770 vs GTX 460 in 18 games and 5 benchmarks


    Gtx 460 1gb will cost more than 220$.....thats too expensive,.....suggest some igb cards under 210$ or 10 inr...
  31. Heart beats said:
    Gtx 460 1gb will cost more than 220$.....thats too expensive,.....suggest some igb cards under 210$ or 10 inr...


    I included a link to a 1gb 460 for $207 in my post above !!

    EDIT : OOPS - Forgot the Link --- PALIT GTX 460 For $207 using code EMCYVNV39 --- THe code is for a 10 % discount on some Fermi cards and lasts through 08-02-2010
  32. The 768mb GTX 460 still outperform a 1GB HD 5770.
    Those benchmark results above show 768mb GTX 460s as well.
  33. I don't think he can get NewEgg discounts at his location.
  34. WR2 said:
    The 768mb GTX 460 still outperform a 1GB HD 5770.
    Those benchmark results above show 768mb GTX 460s as well.



    Yea....,but there is a significant increase in price also between gtx 460 & 5770.....so gtx should be the better card...no doubt.!!
  35. JDFan said:
    I included a link to a 1gb 460 for $207 in my post above !!

    EDIT : OOPS - Forgot the Link --- PALIT GTX 460 For $207 using code EMCYVNV39 --- THe code is for a 10 % discount on some Fermi cards and lasts through 08-02-2010



    Iam in kerala !...... :sarcastic:
  36. It's up to you to decide which card fits best in your budget.
    Another consideration. With the GA-H55M-S2H motherboard you have the future option to add a 2nd HD 5770 in CrossfireX mode. You could not add a 2nd GTX 460.
    2x 5770 in CrossfireX mode perform near a HD 5870.
  37. If you are in India... Forget newegg... You can get GTX460 at 15k here!
  38. hell_storm2004 said:
    If you are in India... Forget newegg... You can get GTX460 at 15k here!



    No mate....gtx 460 only cost around 11k here.....if you look in sites like price in india,new technology...those are wrong...(not updated)

    5770 is 8k at max...
  39. why dont you consider a triple core amd am3? under $100 us, you can unlock 4th core, overall little change in noticable performance, and put the money towards a better graphics card.
  40. million3g said:
    why dont you consider a triple core amd am3? under $100 us, you can unlock 4th core, overall little change in noticable performance, and put the money towards a better graphics card.


    Though the core unlock is not a guarantee, I do agree with this statement. An X3 with a 1gb GTX 460 > i5 530 and 5770 gaming wise.
  41. logainofhades said:
    Though the core unlock is not a guarantee, I do agree with this statement. An X3 with a 1gb GTX 460 > i5 530 and 5770 gaming wise.



    Not in your wildest dreams.
  42. daship said:
    Not in your wildest dreams.


    Considering the fact games rely more on GPU than CPU, I would think so.
  43. logainofhades said:
    Though the core unlock is not a guarantee, I do agree with this statement. An X3 with a 1gb GTX 460 > i5 530 and 5770 gaming wise.


    No mate... i have decided with 5770 igb ....additional 2 gb of RAM (4 gb)..
    Iam still undecided on motherboard....
  44. Use newer motherboard witch could support Intel i3 an i5.
  45. Since you are India, go for Gigabyte.
  46. agirdzius said:
    Use newer motherboard witch could support Intel i3 an i5.


    Suggest some please....
  47. The previous mobo suggestions all support the i3 and i5. Don't listen to him, just remember as soon as you finish your build, go to the company website and update BIOS. If he's refering to the P55 chipset, its really out of your budget since your budget is so tight. Also if you do want to make it a tiny bit cheaper the Rana is also a good way actually its more like 50$ cheaper US. But the performance is less. Heres a guide to help guide your decision for CPU's if your still debating.http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-processor-core-i3-athlon-ii,2666.htm
    l However the i3 540 is actually a fantastic chip no doubt.

    If you do go with AMD the best budget board is probably the Asrock 870 Extreme3.
  48. Ok.....thanks for all the suggestions...

    Iam going for

    i3 540
    4gb RAM
    Asus p7 h55- M pro
    5770 1gb
    on a 22 inch monitor...


    Isnt it sounds good?..
  49. I bought the Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H it has more features like better onboard sound and displayport.
    Can overclock like a mofo and easy to use bios.
    i3 540 oc'd stable to 4.6MHz.
    Has won every H55 mobo shootout i've ever read.
    Pair it with some good 1600 MHz CL7 ram and it's very fast.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel USB3 Product