Sign in with
Your question

Full-Screen Position/Wrap Issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 20, 2010 10:13:34 PM

Hello,

When attempting to run certain full screen applications, the screen is positioned strangely. The X and Y axis are heavily altered (positively). This results in an image that runs off the right side of my screen, and wraps from the top to the bottom of the screen. When i move the mouse upwards, it goes off the top of the screen and appears at the bottom.

This has been experienced running Starcraft and Cave Story in particular.

I run Windows Vista with a Radeon HD 4800.

Additional information can be provided as needed.

Thanks!

-Michael
a b U Graphics card
April 20, 2010 10:42:33 PM

Maybe you have the resolution set too high on the game. Also have you tried your Monitor Calibrator button (Autoset)? Another thing is, Vista is horrible. I would recommend getting Windows 7 for better performance.
m
l
April 21, 2010 12:22:39 AM

Quote:
Maybe you have the resolution set too high on the game.

Resolution is set and nonadjustable on the two games I've experienced this on.

A side note... any games rendered in 3-D work fine.

Quote:
Also have you tried your Monitor Calibrator button (Autoset)?

I've attempted to auto calibrate and manually calibrate, but it's not a monitor issue. It's a software problem, or an issue with the video card drivers, perhaps.

Quote:

Another thing is, Vista is horrible. I would recommend getting Windows 7 for better performance

While that is a popular thing to say, it's highly subjective. Vista runs beautifully on my system (Core i7 @ 2.67 GHz, 8mb L3 cache, 6gb RAM). Many issues Vista users run are related to it's tendency to eat up a lot of memory. I have plenty to spare, thankfully.
m
l
!